4x4 Vito

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim203

Can you get these in the uk?

image-3499698349.jpg

Also saw a CLS in a very nice Matt metallic grey/brown colour . Sorry no pic but looked very good though.

Not available to the UK.......they MAY have had a special order facility but not sure about that; they do a 4x4 Sprinter though. We also didn't get the large capacity V6 petrol options our continental cousins enjoyed which is a double shame.

You may have had to hunt for your thread because someone with admin rights is being very childish and cropping the New Post page every time I post....no idea why but that is the nature of childishness.

You may have had to hunt for your thread because someone with admin rights is being very childish and cropping the New Post page every time I post....no idea why but that is the nature of childishness.

As I explained in the past, noone is cropping any messages and im not entirely sure I understand what you mean by cropped posts anyway!?!

Accusing us of being Childish, eh?

If you can provide a number of screen grabs both before and after so we can see what you mean?

Last edited:
I apologise for the using the word childish because I have great respect for you and the other Admins who spend their own time keeping this forum running smoothly and very well. It was not a personal attack but a comment born of frustration.

I provided the screen grabs and an explanation in a PM to you some weeks ago, Karl.

Since then, I haven't done anymore screen grabs but have watched closely which easy when posting so little at the moment. The 'record' since my PM has been four minutes but the norm about ten minutes.

To refresh your memory, I realise that the "New Posts" cannot be left un-cropped/unedited indefinitely otherwise there would be pages and pages of new posts. At the point of posting the above, there were four pages so not unreasonable to expect that soon after posting, the number of "New Posts" that show up would be cropped/archived......I don't know the correct term...with that many posts.

What is entirely obvious, for example, is that even when the number of new posts does not fill one page, the list of New Posts is still cropped/archived/reduced very soon after I have posted. This not a timing issue because I have deliberately been monitoring the times of my posts, varying them.

The situation is such that recently, I was aghast to find that the New Posts list whilst sitting on two pages wasn't cropped/reduced considerably after I posted. It was a refreshing experience.

As I said in my PM, I am open minded about coincidence, about system operation and such like but the frequency of this event, this happenstance, is a clear cause and effect situation in that, regardless of the number of pages that New Posts take up, many or one, very soon after I have posted, the number of new posts listed is reduced at the point just after my last post and usually happens within a few minutes.

In other words, the editing/cropping/archiving takes place immediately after I have posted regardless if there is twenty threads on the New Posts list or fives pages of threads and regardless of what time the post is made with rare exception. This means that after I have posted on a thread, soon after refreshing the screen, the list of threads that appear when selecting 'New Posts' is reduced at the point where the thread I have commented on is at the head of the list of the cropped/archived i.e. the first to go. Sometimes this cropping happen in about ten minutes of me posting but the record is four.

Whilst the certainty of it happening and the frequency of this happening has lead me to think that it cannot be coincidence, in the absence of any logical explanation, I have developed feelings of paranoia and it is that that has lead me to suggest childishness is at play and not any inherent disrespect, dislike or distrust of you and the the fellow Admins.

Once again, I apologise and hopefully you will see the reason why it came to be that I suggested this was the cause.

Last edited:
Can you get these in the uk?

The original UK range brochure for the 639 did include a 4x4 version but this was never actually available and it was removed from the brochure pretty quickly. I've seen a few of them in Germany ... they sit very high!

The new W447 Vito is available here as both FWD and RWD so in theory a 4x4 version should be possible :dk:

We also didn't get the large capacity V6 petrol options our continental cousins enjoyed which is a double shame.

The Vito 123 (3.5 V6) was available here as a special order, and used ones do appear occasionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom