4x4s are ideal for towns actually

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
Flying in the face of blinkered public opinion and government "think tanks"... I found my ML to be very useful in town. Yesterday, I came face to face with an elderly man in a little hatchback. We were both inching down a two way street, but only room for 1 car width :crazy:. He looked a bit worried, he looked behind him and didn't fancy backing up this little winding road.

To the right was a tall curb with rough ground. I turned the wheel and climbed over it :bannana: The elderly gent was very grateful. And my purchase of an ML is now fully justified :D

My mate has a 4x4 double cab truck thing.

He has great delight in bouncing over curbs and those stupid low curb things which they put into supermarket carparks and mcdonalds car parks to divert the traffic flow (aka try and jump out on you when you aren't looking to attack your alloys...) and wheeling spinning around roundabouts.

When will 40 yr olds learn? :D

Why should any car owner have to justify to ANYONE what car they want to drive? It is still a free world isnt it.
Isnt it?

To the right was a tall curb with rough ground. I turned the wheel and climbed over it :bannana: The elderly gent was very grateful. And my purchase of an ML is now fully justified :D

One in a million... most 4x4 drivers drive them like MPVs. And to all intents and purposes, for them, they are MPVs.

I'm also amazed how many people give way too :cool:

Here is a pic of my company vehicle, sufficiently branded so as the people who paid for it, know the money has been well spent.
They also know that we have purchased a sensible, economical, runabout, which we intend to go to Edinburgh in next Tuesday! Give us a wave if you pass by, as we tear up the road surface and drain the oil reserves of the world.
P1000165.jpg

PS. its got the go faster wheels and all those extras what you need on a vehicle like this, namely the chrome underbody protection and stuff.

Very useful for driving up the steep inclines and declines of a runway!!

Hello,

I have been through a puddle once in mine I'm sure...

Have to agree it is handy not having to worry about my rims when I park it.

Great bus it is

Very useful for driving up the steep inclines and declines of a runway!!
:D

Imagine what they need on Dutch runways with their mountainous terrain??

:D

Imagine what they need on Dutch runways with their mountainous terrain??

I had quite forgot about them,

Unimogs probably! or maybe one of them amphibious jobbies.

Problem with mine is that they seem to buy Fords here, and its not very good. But I can't change it. Fleet manager insists! Someobody told me its a Mazda underneath the badge. Its still rubbish! I also went to fill it up 2 days ago, and found out that we now need to use the PIN on the credit card. So I had to find the number.

We have a transit tornuquay or something too. Thats rubbish as well.

We should be getting another transit shortlty, and it a 4x4. You need them you see. Perfect for this job. Ideal in town too. Pity they dont do a petrol version tho. That would be the icing on the cake that would.

hi just read your thread..if you have what car you want and can afford it why should you have to justify it,as said by VERYTALLDAVE said"its a free world" so why not have what you want.

Last edited:
Flying in the face of blinkered public opinion and government "think tanks"... I found my ML to be very useful in town. Yesterday, I came face to face with an elderly man in a little hatchback. We were both inching down a two way street, but only room for 1 car width :crazy:. He looked a bit worried, he looked behind him and didn't fancy backing up this little winding road.

How sad....:rolleyes:

i saw on vroom vroom that you can get spray on mud to full the tree huggers

Problem with mine is that they seem to buy Fords here, and its not very good. Someobody told me its a Mazda underneath the badge.

Your friend is correct the Ford RANGER and MAZDA " B" series pickups are built in the same factory in the "LAND OF THE PICKUP TRUCK" across the pond.

Your friend is correct the Ford RANGER and MAZDA " B" series pickups are built in the same factory in the "LAND OF THE PICKUP TRUCK" across the pond.

That does explain the rubbishness of it then. It eats oil.

It goes across the beach tho. I dont think it knows it should really be getting stuck.

I own an all-wheel-drive 7 seater. Mine doesn't have bull-bars fitted, but if you were to listen to, and take notice of, the talk-back radio stations you would be forgiven in believing that everytime I go near a school I'm likely to reverse over a gaggle of small children.

Come on e200K; you must try harder. Just engage reverse and start some 'population control' :devil:

One in a million... most 4x4 drivers drive them like MPVs. And to all intents and purposes, for them, they are MPVs.

Autocar tested a whole load off soft-roaders this week and concluded that they were all pretty compromised. They were mostly pretty hopeless off road, not very good on-road, and all vastly inferior to their S-Max that they had for the camera-man.

Come on e200K; you must try harder. Just engage reverse and start some 'population control' :devil:

I could, I suppose, but I've got a reversing camera and I'd hate to have to watch the ensuing carnage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom