5 Speed R129 Wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R129Melvin

Car
R231 SL
Would love a large engined model but will consider anything as a stopgap as I have just sold my 4 Speed. Must be in excellent condition.

Bump, I'm still looking! I bought another car but really want to buy an enthusiast maintained 5 speed R129. Seen a few which did not reach my standard.

What year/budget are you looking for? I'm 50/50 whether I am going to keep or sell my late 1999 SL500. It is not quite where I want it yet but not too far off.

Friend of mine is selling his LHD 5 speed 500 for 5500 euro

What year/budget are you looking for? I'm 50/50 whether I am going to keep or sell my late 1999 SL500. It is not quite where I want it yet but not too far off.

Up to around £8k really, any year but 5 speed.

Friend of mine is selling his LHD 5 speed 500 for 5500 euro

Is it in the UK? How is the condition?

No, its in Bulgaria.Almost perfect condition

i have a car for sale soon! its a white 500sl 99 on a "s" 99k with black leather, 18" amg split rim alloys, xenons and a panoramic(glass) roof!

i have a car for sale soon! its a white 500sl 99 on a "s" 99k with black leather, 18" amg split rim alloys, xenons and a panoramic(glass) roof!

Sounds good, I am messaging you now.

I think mine will be a fair bit over budget as is a 2 owner 72k miles T/1999 car.

I think mine will be a fair bit over budget as is a 2 owner 72k miles T/1999 car.

No problem and thank you, I have a couple of potential cars now which look good. Mileage is not an issue for me as I'm buying it to add loads more!

5 speed was an option on the early cars with this engine. Makes the car quite economical on motorway journeys.

Just as an aside, the guy who sold me my car worked for MB when the R129 was launched. He said the car was a must-have for a while (remember Princess Di bought one, which scandalised the press as it was german) and you often get cars with a lot of expensive extras like the 5-sp auto box.

That's because the salesmen got a lot more commission on upgrades, and would tell customers "I can get you one quickly, but it was ordered with these extras - is that OK?

I know mine got leather, rear seats, air-con, heated seats, upgraded wheels and the 5-speed auto.

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom