500 SE Auto going for under £1k in less than an hour??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I`ll be a plesure to drive that

Are they rust buckets? Or just the usual?

Did you put a bid in? It could be a bargain, or a money-pit.

Winning bid was just £791. For that price if it works that's great - if not, I'd be happy to keep it just for spares.

Is it not just a "throw away" car .. if it dies that is?? Or could you sell it for scrap or spares and break even or make a profit??

Did you bid???

Mind you .. you would need strong nerves to go there on a "certain" day .. coff up and drive away in an unknown car .. bought from someone "in a carpark" scenario ... by the seem of it!

Or am I just cynical?? lol

**** - bought it for £791, I'm just too impulsive...wish me luck everyone...

Oh no, oh no, oh no...this is reminiscent of the last **** bucket I bought...the wife's gonna kill me if it's as bad. At least I'll be able to sleep on the drive in comfort...lmao. You never know though, might be a bargain.

Oh please lord...this time be a good one! lol!

Well done that man!!

Like After Shock says, at that price you can only win. It looks lovely in the pictures

Keep us informed.

Remember,when you get there to check that its 'As described', if, within minutes of seeing it, you've discovered loads of faults the seller 'forgot' to tell you about,you are quite within E-Bay rules to say "No Thanks". Hope it doesnt come to that & that its a gem.

I was this close to bidding myself, but I have no space on the drive :(

If you get bored of it, I'm thinking of doing Scumball next year...

Yeah, I will this time - I'm going to have a good look over it and make sure everything is sound. Already did a text check on the plate - never been stolen, smashed or cat C or anything so that's a good sign hopefully. Cross fingers, I'll keep you all informed...

It looks nice anyway...from a distance..covered in water..etc etc - lol. Roll on Saturday!

Looks fine for the money. I wouldn't expect it to be mint, but if it's structually sound/not too rusty and the engine/gearbox/brakes are all okay it'll make a nice cheap runaround.

Good luck with it all :)

Will

Beats a frickin' Kia Picanto, that's for sure...

With all the cash saved on the purchase cost, there's plenty left for the additional fuel and repairs ;)

Looks nice . I paid a little more for my SEL . Just bought a 280SE for £250 and my pal just bought a 420SE for the same price .

These cars have never been cheaper and are great value for money .

I'd have almost bought that one just for the interior , but a bit pricey for that .

To be fair at that price level you'd generally expect to have to do some stuff to it, but looking at it unless the engine/gearbox is knackered or it has massive electronic gremlins you should be ok. Wheels alone should be worth something. I loved both of mine (300SE then 560 SEL).

Check its dry inside. If not, have a look under the dashboard above the handbrake mechanism if you can. The main loom enters the car here and the shaped bung on both of mine had popped out (was a b**tard to get back) but a "free repair - previous owner of one had been told it was a holed bulkhead :)

Thanks guys - quick question - would like to see what you all think. I emailed the guy to ask him where to pick it up from and his exact response is this:

"Hi,
Yes we can definitely sort this after payment is completed.

Many Thanks
Miz_lilax "

Would you guys pay through PayPal or expect to pay cash on arrival? I know I've got comeback if the car is not as described but the hassle?? Not sure what to do now.

What do you reckon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom