500 SEC Koenig Specials anyone??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rare for good reason

upload_2019-5-20_23-53-40.png

Only thing I’d change is the taillights - it’s a beast!

They were a pretty big tuning house back in the 80's and would put Ferrari TR vents on just about anything (6 series BMW's, 928's, SEC's etc). There was one at a local dismantler here in Dallas that had a supercharged engine. I believe that they sold the engine pretty fast but the body was at the yard for some time. It's a bit too much for me but probably not too much for the 80's.

It's rare that's a fact! I remember back in 1987 while thrashing around in my Fiat Uno Turbo (not forgetting the i.e. Bit) ;) - I lusted after the Keonig kit they produced for that - again with the TR strakes along the flanks.
Amazing how your taste buds change over the years (quite literally) :D

There has been a lot of money spent on this car,they are rare,I suspect somebody who wants a 1980's MB will buy it,posters have already said peoples taste in car styles has changed,but it is some car,if I had the garage space I might be tempted.

It take all sorts. The interior on that looks like some kind of liquorice allsort...

Everyone wanted to be in Miami Vice back in the day- even SEC owners. TESTAROSSA !!!!!!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I like it :cool:

I've got a book somewhere from the 80s with some Koenig conversions in it, they look just like that.
Could be good buy in an odd sort of way if its solid.

Love the car and colour respectively but I don't think that particular combination works and don't like that kit at all.

Interior too much also.

I prefer the red / clear rear lenses rather than all clear.

Strange really as I liked the all clear indicators on the Saab 9-3 estates and saloons a while back.

I was around in the 80s. Wouldve been gash then and still gash now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom