500 SEC, needs a bit of looking at...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daveenty

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S63 Coupe
Possibly a bit more than looking at to be honest and probably not something to take on as a quick project.

I think I'll be giving it a miss but, for anyone with a bit of time on their hands, the car's HERE ON EBAY. Will need more than T Cut.

I saw this, and wondered why it's been bid so high! o_O

Love the way the add says the wheels are in good condition and the close up photo shows a heavily oxidised alloy wheel in poor condition.

I suspect someone is having a laugh with those bids. Car has no mot history.

Does he supply the spade or do you have to bring your own?

Have you seen the other stuff he's now uploaded? The Merc looks positively cheap. :D

Was going to say he must have a scrap yard......But even cars in the scrapyard aren't that bad!! :fail:

I have posted on here before about people trying to sell expensive cars but can not be bothered to take decent photos. My pet hates are not having the steering wheel straight on interior shots and not clearing clutter out of the storage bins etc.

Pedantic Pete

So base on that alone I'm OUT !.......:p:eek: :banana:

I've seen his other stuff. Anyone who can describe a two-litre Nissan Bluebird as a rare classic has a vivid imagination...

The HD jump leads in one of the SEC photos are a nice touch, but I can't help but wonder if it really did fire up straight away.

"Needs a bit of looking at?" I'd agree with that, and preferably from a distance; from somewhere in Lincolnshire, perhaps...

Last edited:
Barn find = Jungle find

The bottom of that car has to be well rotted,would not surprise me if by pulling it out the muck you ended up with a top and bottom halves of a car,the bids are crazy.

If I were bidding and won it, I'd be paying cash - after it had been hauled out of its current position and he'd demonstrated that the engine would run. Even then, I'd take the hit as a non-paying bidder rather than hand over the money if I wasn't happy.

Then again, if I was bidding over £9K for it, I'd have to really REALLY REALLY want it, so I'd probably be easily pleased...

Surprised he's not charging a £250 "admin fee" with it.

Someone mentioned money laundering how does this work as the car is in such bad condition. I assume on paper its an AMG SEC so worth 20k?

Money laundering could look like this (I am not for one minute implying that this sale is part of that your honour) ...

Some people have a LOT of cash that they can not account for and can certainly not bank it. This is becoming a pressing problem for those with a lot of old £20 notes 'in stock' as they need to be spent or banked before being taken out of circulation . The date has not been announced , but when it is you have 6 months to bank them or spend them. So starting to get rid of them now is the wise thing to do for certain people. Twenty pound notes are favoured over £50 notes at this level as they attract less scrutiny when using in day to day spending.

One of them finds an 'asset' with a fancy name lying in a field and buys it cash from the farmer, this asset is put up for sale in plain sight , the advert states many legit types of payments including 'cash on collection'

Someone, possibly in cahoots with the seller buys the asset - which, on paper looks like a luxury item - collects it (not) and hands over the cash.

The seller then banks the cash (cleans it) , and if questioned can (sort of) show a bill of sale for a luxury item , the money is then shared between the parties involved.

It might be a bit far fetched and a convoluted way of cleaning a bit of cash but it's a method that is used by some. Not this seller, I might add officer...

This i must say. ,, that because its an AMG coup that not very many of these beast about now , so it will be a bargain. And quite a few people looking at the bids think so too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom