500 sec starting woes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
1991 Passat TDi 130 Hiline, 1991 Mercedes 190E 2.0 Auto, 1984 Mercedes 500sec, 1991 Saab 900s LPT
Cannot get my 1984 500sec to start this morning (or last week for that matter). Car has been sitting for about a month - it had its last run of about 80 miles then with no problems.

When I try to start the car all I get is a rapid and noisy clicking noise like a loud typrwriter that has gone totally psycho :) This seems to be from underneath the car although its quite hard to pinpoint.

I have tried jump starting the car from a spare battery but all to no avail. :( The seat belt extenders are working and the interior lights, so the battery may not be that flat.

Could the starter motor be stuck perhaps? It has been sitting in the open all this time and I'm open to any advice or suggestions. :confused:

Regards,

Mark S.

If its making such noises, I'd say you havnt enough power in your battery to get the starter to spin the engine.

And when you do, connect the ground cable to the engine, not to the battery, it's easier to get a good low resistance connection that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom