500 SEL - Thoughts??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
first look is appealing. rear bumber appears to have a crease. I am assuming that piece of chrome is a)rare to find b) expensive to replace.

seller seems honest enough got to be worth a look. The more I look at 126's the more I want exactly that model with all the rear legroom and waftiness that goes with it. Why not take a look?

saw it on ebay before. not sure what it made or anything

Best bit of the ad : "Don't buy a w116, it will rust. Don't buy a w140, it is ugly and you'll spend your whole driving life giving way to other traffic as it is too wide and too long. Don't buy a w220, bits will fall off and break and your friends will laugh at you. Finally if you've interested in a w221 then you've let the side down. So that leaves my w126, everything that a luxury car should be and more."

Definitely worth a closer look / test drive.

Very honest write-up, cracking looking car and (what seems) a very genuine seller.

What's not to like?

I love my 500SEL, and along with the W108, it's one of the best i've owned. At that price, it's a steal.

Yes its been on before but does look lovely...

I've seen this one on before. Does look nice. Honest write up - nice private add. Lack of history prior to 2002, but lots since then.

Nice plate as well. Could be a bargain for someone - perfect colour combo IMHO.

Best bit of the ad : "Don't buy a w116, it will rust. Don't buy a w140, it is ugly and you'll spend your whole driving life giving way to other traffic as it is too wide and too long. Don't buy a w220, bits will fall off and break and your friends will laugh at you. Finally if you've interested in a w221 then you've let the side down. So that leaves my w126, everything that a luxury car should be and more."

Definitely worth a closer look / test drive.
Accurate assessment! :D Although the w140 is in another league compared to w126 regarding comfort and safety features.
Anyway, this w126 looks like a good deal.

That looks so nice shame about lack of history
-How likely is it to have rust else where?
Still tempting:)

Thanks chaps, think I'm going to have a Butcher's and will report back.....

Hi,
If more common sense had been used by our rulers we would all still be driving big V8's? First we had the Con by Al Gore telling the whole world that it was our cars that was causing the end of the world when we all know now that this was pure political bunkum.
If the whole world had not gone crazy and reduced the amout of fuel cars used by making these silly little light weight cars with pop pop motors the price of fuel would still be 5-bob a gallon.
By using less fuel the fuel companies had to increase the price to maintain their overheads and profits. The Government had to increase the Duty and Vat because on lower fuel sales tax revenue fell so by listening to Al Gore and the other greenies we shot ourselves in the foot.
Its going the same way with energy, every time we find a way of using less gas or electricity, they have to put the price up to maintain their profits and the Gov has to increase taxes, so go and buy the big v8 and help us restore some sanity to the motoring world. Bring back the big block V8's; ain't no substitute for cubes!

Al.

Topic title incorrectly reads 500SEL
Rolls Royce would love that TU number plate as they use them on their press fleet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom