5001 - ESP control module internal fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mm450exc

Car
C220 CDI
So the car has a 5001 with the 3 errors. runflat indicator inoperative/ EBD,ABS,ESP inoperative/Power steering malfunction. And that's on and off. Sometimes a restart will fix it. Sometimes it will work again the next day. Do I need to replace the entire ESP unit?

It's a W204 C220 CDI.

Battery problem?

Starts fine. Done a scan with diagnosis tool and said just around 12V.

What the minimum voltage it should have?

I would suspect an ABS wheel sensor, get it checked on on Star at an Indi ( or MB dealer if feeling flush with cash ) Not an expensive fix £150 ish depending on model and if front or back. Wheel sensor problem brings up lots of warnings on dash, have had 2 go on my previous cars.

The Star scanner at the Indi shows same as my iCarsoft MB V2.0. Just a 5001.

Looking into this it could be related to a few things. speed/gas pedal sensor, brake switch, battery voltage,... Will pull the electronic part of the module and see.

Update:

Car had the error and would not go away. Then was standing for a week as I went on holiday. Came back and the car was fine. Done a few checks and disconnected the battery for a bit. Been fine for the last 2 weeks now.

So if you ever get this error I would just disconnect the battery for a bit and see before you decide to replace the ESP module.

I had the same problem, fault codes 5001, 5944, 5945, 5946, 5947 fixed with repair laboratory. works fine yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom