500E - Anyone near Amersham?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thats a very nice E500 which seems to be in excellent condition. Hit or miss with the Limited interior although always going to be worth more than the normal ones.

Wonder if it has genuine miles? I heard clocking back these E500's in Japan was common.

Yup - that looks superb. But costs maybe £14,000 by the time it's landed and sorted for the UK?

Never seen that Japanese site before, but I mooched around and also saw this E500: Mercedes-Benz E-Class [ tradecarview ]

Can't fathom why it's £32,000 - anyone spot something that makes it special? I see white dials and some AMG logo...

No way.If it was an E60 maybe

That blue one is a beautiful colour! One day i'll have that!

Not sure, just overpriced I guess. It's possible its been sent back to AMG Germany for some interior modding and suspension/brakes uprated.

But its sure not an E60AMG as there is no mention of it.

I remember an E60AMG Limited (factory original) for sale on Yahoo Japan Auctions for £74k (!) a few years back. No less than amazing!

One day I will have a 500E. It would have been nicer if they saw fit to have the option of a manual. This is one of the few MB's that would have been nice with one IMO.

Forget those. Every 500E you've seen is so-so.

I just found this - if there's a way to prep and photograph a car to sell, this is it: EURO Classic Motors | For Sale

Just look at the underside!

500e1992047.jpg

And that's one funky trip meter:

500e1992097.jpg

Amazing car and well maintained.

However the car doesnt look "fresh"....shiny seats, dirty engine badges etc.

Anyone can have the underneath wax sealed and an exhaust installed. Very nice paintwork however and clean facelift to 93+ spec. Interesting speedo which can be seen on many German 500's.

Indeed it's very nicely, ahem, photographed, but also the small matter of USD$42k... :eek:

To be honest mate.the more i see it the more i wan`t it.For that price the car is the bargain of the year.The thing though is,don`t rush.When i was looking for one i found this exporter who could ship the car here.He give me his details so i could check the auctions in japan as a dealer.After many searches,i found the one i liked but after talkind to my insurance company everything changed.

That rev counter is where the so called 'economy' guage is on my 600, wish mine had the rev counter instead:D

If anyone is looking for a 500E I have UK spec one for sale. Hope that helps.:)

Its for sale on Pistonheads. I would have put the advert on here but this site won't let me until I have more than 30 posts. Its in the 'E' class section and its Pearl Grey. I can't imagine there will be more than one.

Mercedes : Mercedes Benz - Porsche W124 500E UK Car

Not sure if I'm 'authorised' to put this on here, oh well.

Looks a lovely car... dont you have the original wheels? If i was still looking for one id like to see it original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom