500e / E500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul64

Car
1995 W124 E300 Diesel estate (250k miles), 2008 CL63 AMG, 1969 Triumph 2.5PI, 1975 Triumph TR6
I have a chance to change my 300CE-24 for a 1993 500. I have had a look over the car - a nice "light maroon" colour with black leather.
Very tidy outside and around 85000 miles. Interior is an 8.5/10 at the moment I would say.
I had a look over the car as much as I could in a driveway and, although it is dry underneath, there is quite a lot of caked oil on the front of the cam covers - distributer and wires are pretty thick with dirt. Is this a common problem on these 500's? It runs nicely and the box seems pretty smooth although there is a bit of a clunk under full power acceleration which is understandable I guess with all that torque....
Steering still feels pretty tight and free of play and the brakes pull up straight and true. The discs and pads are pretty new.
Are there any other things to look for on this model? I have to go to see it again later this week and make a decision......

Damn! Yer in south of france... otherwise I'd say buy mine :D

Look out for fluid leaks on the rear shocks. Veery expensive if they need replacing.

I know quiet a good man down there, PM me if you want his details, as he might be able to look it over for you. He is near the village of St Paul de Vance.

WL

Thanks for the info guys - Are the rear shox the same as the BMW ADC system I wonder, running off the power steering pump? I got rid of my M5 just in time as I hear that had to have them replaced just after!
I have actually just heard about another one, half the miles in black..... sounds a little more interesting!
I think I know the guy near St Paul - Philippe - with his huge collection of Matra Simca Ranchos... and a rather more interesting collection of Big Engine Mercs of course!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom