500e

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I like how he just says 12,000 miles a year since new rather than displaying the whole mileage :p
12,000 x 15 = 180,000 miles.

Car looks mint though and has had an engine rebuild.

Nice motor.

it may have had the rebuild but thats still some mileage..what about wear and tear on suspension components?

thats 288000km. Look on mobile.de and you get about 20 e500's with similar mileage (for half the money) or much less mileage (still for a little less).

I suspect anyone buying an e500 now is a real enthusiast and will want as low a mileage one as possible and will spend the time finding THAT car.

Obviously mileage has a correlation to value, but to be honest the 500E/E500 (well, most 124s really) seem to take it in their stride.

Anyone who went to the MB World GTG earlier this year would agree that you'd have been gobsmacked to the condition of Terry's (Mr Motul) E500 was (it looked like a 2 year old car inside/out), and that had a fair few miles under it's belt.

Obviously you're right - ideally I'd want to hold out for a low mileage 'minter', but I wouldn't discount a mint car with high mileage if it's been very well looked after with the necessary bits overhauled :) Not taking the p*** - but what else are you supposed to do with such a car, throw it on the scrap heap? ;)

Will

Look out for a dent in the roof, Could have been made when he climbed on the car to take a pic of interior through the sunroof!!!!:p

thats 288000km. Look on mobile.de and you get about 20 e500's with similar mileage (for half the money) or much less mileage (still for a little less).
Are the German ones at that price well looked after though?
Can't be that difficult to import a car within the EU, so I don't see how prices here can be so much more than on the continent, specially since all are LHD.

Are the German ones at that price well looked after though?
Can't be that difficult to import a car within the EU, so I don't see how prices here can be so much more than on the continent, specially since all are LHD.

I dont know but the chances are some have and some have not. That said their TUV requirement is much more stringent than our MOT and any suspension issues would be a fail and need correction.

the real problem is there a bit difficult to go and view!

That said their TUV requirement is much more stringent than our MOT
Cars are only checked every 2 years though.

They only check cars every 2 years though.

Agreed, so you have to check when it last went through.

Heres a link for a similar car . 6000euro. No engine rebuild but a rebuild gearbox 40000km ago. leather needs a bit of treatment but still.

heres another

Need ssome spray work on front bumper the ad says but still.

I only picked on 2 black examples there; plenty of silver ones too.

My only gripe is they seem to have barry exhausts as standard:D

Mattc

That first one in your link looks shocking? whats going on with the boot?

Like the second one though, cleaned up that would look nice.

Get it touch with Wheeler Dealers they could buy that... :)

Mattc

Get it touch with Wheeler Dealers they could buy that... :)

No chance! - show this sort of car on that programme and the barry boyz will start buying them..heavens to betsy.. (name the kids TV prog that was from for a yellow curly one)

been on sale for a long time, certainly beginning of the year IIRC

Agree with Jay here, i reckon its been advertised on and off for over a year.

I had a friend look at 6 500Es in Germany and they were all tatty and looked unloved. I'm not saying you can't grab a bargain, but the reality to me was just tatty regular examples.

They hide faults well, my front dampers felt fine on my 500E after 190000KM but I fitted a new set and the difference was very noticeable.

Dave!

Mileage on these cars is irrelevant, so long as the neccesary components that tire with that use are renewed.

These cars don't carry value well in Germany - it's a common market for this car and as mentioned, very few are mint.

As Dave said, aloth of bad is hid well - a low mileage car can have more issues than a high mileage, all depends where and how those miles were completed.

I'd rather buy an autobahn used E than a Paris city stop/start one !

talbir

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom