500SEC...a persuasive and rational advert

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
Nothing works, it's full of rust...£700 might be too much.

D

Deleted member 6183

No messing

Sjmw

Car
SL60; SLK230K; Porsche 928 GTS; L405 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography
Nasty. I wonder if all his other secs and sls are of similar quality?

dozypillock

Car
C209 CLK320
Is it just me or is the front sitting very high ?????

If I saw it at the side of the road, I would think somebody has nicked the engine.....that, or maybe the back suspension has collapsed, but seems more that the front is far too high?

Neil

Williamwoo

Car
W124 E320 estate / Audi A6 BiTdi / Skoda Yeti 4x4 / VW Caravelle
Im sure at least 2 years! I think the original pictures were shot in a petrol station at night and the description was as elegant

I think you're right. I'm beginning to wonder if it's some kind of bizarre joke - if I was selling a car, I don't think I could make the advert less appealing than this if I tried. All the photos are out of focus (how is that even possible these days?!), no useful ones of the interior, a couple of unspecified electrical 'things', and none showing the registration.

Such a shame the 'folder full history' has been lost; otherwise I'm sure it would be worth much closer to the £24k alluded to.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W222 S500L
Someone needs to phone the 80s and let them know their chrome wheel arches have been stolen.

RonFleet

Car
W205 C200
I think you're right. I'm beginning to wonder if it's some kind of bizarre joke - if I was selling a car, I don't think I could make the advert less appealing than this if I tried. All the photos are out of focus (how is that even possible these days?!), no useful ones of the interior, a couple of unspecified electrical 'things', and none showing the registration.

I reckon you must be right about its being a joke. Either that, or perhaps the poster is a certifiable lunatic.

E55BOF

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E500, SLK55, FJR1300, Caponord
The longer it stays there the higher it will get as ferrous oxide weighs nothing

Well, actually, it's heavier than the original metal that corroded to form it, but I take your point; as bits drop off the load on the suspension will decrease...

ivan1983

Car
R129 500SL, R170 230K, 530i Touring, ZZR 600
I cant remember for sure but I think the price has increased over the time it has been for sale, these are becoming more collectable after all.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom