500SEC water leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NK777

Car
500SEC
Good afternoon everyone,

Today I started the engine on my 1990 500SEC to give it a run, went to check the rear footwells to see if they are damp and to my surprise the right side is damp.

A few months ago I got the rear parcel shelf repaired as this was serverly corroded. Before this was fixed water would leak in to the left side footwell.

I'm struggling to locate the area where water is leaking in....

Does anyone know where this would be? I've checked the roof lining and it's dry.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,

NK

Are the sunroof drains fitted correctly, and not blocked/separated in the internal C pillar?

Are the sunroof drains fitted correctly, and not blocked/separated in the internal C pillar?
I'm not sure.

But my car is going in for some service, I will ask them to check for me.

Any other places it could be?

Parcel shelf rust is common, but you say that has been sorted. It can be quite helpful to pour water on the rear quarter area whilst somebody sits in the boot/rear seat area. Lots of space in the boot :)

Parcel shelf rust is common, but you say that has been sorted. It can be quite helpful to pour water on the rear quarter area whilst somebody sits in the boot/rear seat area. Lots of space in the boot :)
Ok will have a look.

Don you think the right side of parcel shelf caved in?

When I say 'fixed' I mean the left side got welded as the parcel shelf job was 2k 😅🙄

So the bodyshop cut out the rust and welded it.

Did they remove the rear window when the did the repair?
If they only welded a repair into the left side, then that answers your question? :(

Did they remove the rear window when the did the repair?
If they only welded a repair into the left side, then that answers your question? :(
😂😂 Yes so I should do a full parcelshelf repair?

So do you reckon the water is leaking from the right side of the shelf?

😂😂 Yes so I should do a full parcelshelf repair?

So do you reckon the water is leaking from the right side of the shelf?
Yes they removed it. I opted for the weld because money is short at the moment and couldn't really afford the 2k repair for the parcelshelf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom