500SL Dipped Beam Fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bostonmj

Car
SL350 but miss my SL500
Ladies and Gents,
Not a new problem it seems however, I recently bought my 52 plated 500SL (hard top, think it was one of the first 2003 cars - do you call it R230?) which developed a fault with the Left side dipped beam. An independent MB garage diagnosed the problem as being the Control Module, attached to the bottom of the headlight.

MB told me I couldnt buy the module on its own and had to buy the whole lamp, (dont want to do that again) and whilst it fixed the fault for a day, I now have the same problem again.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Can the module be bought separately?

Can a faulty module be fixed (electronic chap)?

Thanks in advance,:wallbash:

SL500 Dipped Beam Fault - Solved

To correct the problem I had to shell out £700 for a new headlight as I was informed that the control module is not sold individually.

My local garage swapped the control module from the new headlight to the existing headlight and whilst it solved the problem for a day, the next day I experienced the same fault. The mechanic then replaced the whole headlight with the new one, including the new module - fault fixed and I have a spare headlight.

If anyone can tell me where I can source a new control module as an individual part then I would be extremely grateful!

Regards and Happy New Year to all

Martyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom