500SL - R129 walnut centre consule

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Taliesyn

Car
Mercedes 500sl, "A"Class Deisel, Maserati 4200 Coupe
Hi,
Does anyone know where I can purchase a new walnut centre consul or have the existing one refurbished?

Thanks,

Tal

You don't want to be buying a new one...the prices are eye-watering.

City Polishers, LCC or Silvercrest Woodtrim should be able to sort it.

Thanks for the contacts.
I've received a couple of quotes and will be going for the repair option and re lacquer.
I'll post some feedback on the results.

thanks,

Tal

Theres one on ebay at the moment for a reasonable price iirc.

jay might have another one spare as I sold the previous owner of his sl60 amg my old one.

I have used it now, I had your one re done by city polishers so now its better than new... The old one had that Alpine Sat Nav glued into it so that is on the shelf!

I can't believe they glued that Apline Sat Nav in! Glad I gave you the spare now.

Really missing the old girl now....trying to convince myself to ditch the Boxster and get back into a V8 AMG again. Anyone want a nice 987 2005 Boxster 3.2 S swap for one?!

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but can the restorers of the wood trim actually get rid of cracks in the veneer. This is not for my R129 but for my S124; I assume that it is an aluminium base plate with veneer bonded onto it…

Anyone with experience of a repaired crack would be pleased to know standard of work and price.

Thanks in advance as ever...

They can be repaired, but the result will depend on the level of cracking - if it is sufficiently bad you would be advised to re-veneer the piece instead. I had a couple of minor cracks on one of my 129 panels, which were repaired flawlessly by Silvercrest

Doodle said:
They can be repaired, but the result will depend on the level of cracking - if it is sufficiently bad you would be advised to re-veneer the piece instead. I had a couple of minor cracks on one of my 129 panels, which were repaired flawlessly by Silvercrest

Thanks - the crack is small but significant. What sort of price did you pay?

WG M-B said:
You could give Carl a call at r129.co.uk

This is for the S124 not my R129 but thanks.

Silvercrest's website is dead - are they still trading? If anyone has contact details for them it would be really useful - thanks in advance.

I'd have thought there would still be enough W124 cars breaking to get a good used piece ?

I know you may need to look for the correct combination of switch holes .

Have you tried Dave Collins ( RetroDave) or eBay.de

Silvercrest's website is dead - are they still trading? If anyone has contact details for them it would be really useful - thanks in advance.

A member on here used them back in the summer, so it must be a recent closure. Try 01753 653235.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom