507 alcantara interior shots (photo warning)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DuncS3

Car
2017 C63S Coupe, 2005 E46 M3, 1988 Audi quattro
Hi,

Just as a FYI - thought I would post some shots of my c63 interior - the car is a 507 Coupe and I went for the alcantara mix on the door inserts and seats - it was the no cost option over full leather but I couldn't find any photos before I ordered it, so thought I would add some...

cheers

Front passenger seat:
IMG_2213_zpsee057bb0.jpg

IMG_2214_zpsa382540f.jpg

Door:
IMG_2215_zpse4b9c012.jpg

507 gear knob:
IMG_2222_zps92454a8f.jpg

Rear seat:
IMG_2224_zps71a514fe.jpg

IMG_2223_zpsd85c4802.jpg

Looking dirty at Prodrive test track

IMG_2206_zpsdd363cba.jpg

Cheers

Like the stripes :D
I think the alcantara is fantastic aswell. I saw a 507 in Merc Sheffield where the seat bolsters etc are porcelain with the middle bit being alcantara, very nice indeed

Looks awesome I went for the same trim would quite happily have the whole seat alcantara personally

I like that a lot however I can see the gear knob shinning off nicely in a few years :-(

ant1 said:
I like that a lot however I can see the gear knob shinning off nicely in a few years :-(

Hmm not so sure. Alcantara is very hard wearing. In my experience, whats happens is the alcantara can react to the sweat/salt in your hand, causing the tiny pile to stick together. This results in a smooth sheen. To my dismay I had this problem on my steering wheel after only 6000 miles so I complained to the MB dealer that my alcantara had worn. I left the car with Service Manager and after 5 minutes he presented an as new wheel! The tip is to gently agitate the pile with a suede shoe brush once in a while just like you would on your suede shoes!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom