507 question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seesixtythree

Car
audi
Would a 507 coupe with highish miles circa 60k put people off? I don't do many miles roughly 6k a year and so thinking that a 507 would hold its value better than say an early w205 c63 saloon?? - and importantly be rarer..

Because I don’t do many miles and don’t want to buy a car that will depreciate by half ina couple of years especially as it’s not getting used much I appreciate cars depreciate and all that but want to make an informed choice.

Are you talking about having a 60K mile 507 in 10 years time or now?

Going by the current modern classic market, limited availability is most likely to affect future values.

Condition is obviously very important too.

Don't get hung up on the future value/depreciation. Test both and get the one you like (or something else!)

Last edited:
The only C63 that is sure to hold it's value is the Black series. Minimise your investment by getting the best value early facelift W204 C63 (mid twenties or lower), or if 35k+, or get a W205, preferably straight from lease at auction.

At the moment 507 are more expensive than the 2015 w205 c63... I've seen a few w205 c63's at 35k odd.

At the moment 507 are more expensive than the 2015 w205 c63... I've seen a few w205 c63's at 35k odd.
507 cars will always be more expensive than a 'standard' or PPP 204. By exactly how much in the future then no-one can say for certain.
You need to specifically want a 507 to buy one as the non-507 cars offer a lot of the enjoyment for a fair bit less money.
If you're looking at the 507 in Swindon then drop me a PM.

60k on a 6.2 is hardly run in.
Would be more interested in service history and number of owners.

I too am looking for a 507 but it has to be the right spec for me.

I could buy a ‘standard’ unit and upgrade power and more importantly interior to leather/Alcantara and still pay less than for a 507 but I intend to keep the car for several years.
If I was going for a quick turnaround I would find a c63 with forged internals and visit Acid.

If you are buying to experience the last of the V8’s it might be better to find a decent low mileage and have fun in that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

there is not 1 c63s for £35k anywhere the cheapest 1 for sale is £36995 on trader with 70000+ miles.

It wouldn't bother me at 60k - I'd say that was low mileage what bothers me more though is the amount of owners. Mine has 70k on its clock but 4 owners..I mean my Passat was 1 owner from new and I was the the second. I see this a lot for some reason, I recently was looking at an ML with 48k FSH and 4 owners so what is it about Mercs??

Not just Merck’s
Look at S4, M3, GTR of similar age and majority will be ex lease and more than three owner
FSH should allay any concerns but I think we are hard coded to see this as an issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

there is not 1 c63s for £35k anywhere the cheapest 1 for sale is £36995 on trader with 70000+ miles.

I just said w205 c63 not c63s there is a maroon one for 35k on eBay and autotrader.

Some people (maybe alot?) buy these sort of vehicles to scratch an itch and/or find running them uneconomical/expensive so they move them on in a year or so

Really depends why you want a C63 AMG.......

If you just want a very fast and capable luxury car and you've decided on a Mercedes, then a W204 or W205 C63 will be what your looking for.

If your an enthusiast and are buying the car for that reason and you intend to keep it for 3 - 5 years, then I'd go for the 507, the best one you can find/afford. They're already starting to hold their money very well and are certainly sought after.

I recently purchased my second W204 C63 about 18 months ago, a very late 63 plate with just 10k miles from new and one previous owner. I purchased her from Birmingham Mercedes Main Dealer, so due to the low mileage and condition I paid pretty much top dollar for it, but it was exactly what I was looking for. I'll keep it low mileage as I have a company car for every day use, it was in the colour I wanted, the interior I wanted and had lived in a garage all it's life when not in use (Garage Queen).

Alongside my car (At the Dealership) was a 507, on a 63 plate but it had 45k on the clock, three previous owners, and was not quite mint......... £7k more expensive that what I paid for mine. So they do hold their value a little better and always will, because they're a little bit special, but at the end of the day, for me it depends on what you want it for.

A 507 is a great enthusiasts car, but in reality and if you want a daily driver, I'd just buy the best stock C63 AMG you can get for your money, have a remap, an LSD Fitted and you'll have the same performance if not better than a 507.

Having said all that....... I love the 507, but only for the bonnet vents. Bear in mind that the suspension on a 507 can end up being a little annoying as a daily driver, in my (humble) opinion it's too hard at slow/medium speeds and you loose that feeling of a luxury ride that you'd get in a stock C63. I've never been in a W205 C63 though, so can't comment on what the ride is like in them.

The pic below is the day I collected mine C63 (the white four door) from Mercedes Birmingham with just 10k on the clock from new, the black bonnet at the bottom of the pic is the 507 which was the same year, not quite in the same condition as mine, 45k on the clock with three previous owners and was up for 7k more than mine.

Last edited:
Bear in mind that the suspension on a 507 can end up being a little annoying as a daily driver, in my (humble) opinion it's too hard at slow/medium speeds and you loose that feeling of a luxury ride that you'd get in a stock C63.
Really lovely looking car Jim. Especially like the red interior.
The 507 has the same suspension set-up as the stock car. AMG Performance Suspension [code 492] was available as a £995 option but only 3% of cars have this fitted. The majority will be on the normal C63 suspension. The C63 Performance Pack car [Not Performance Pack Plus] did have the firmer suspension as standard and many criticised the car for that very reason. Too track orientated.

No LSD either, which is essential and would have made it much more worthwhile as another special edition after the DR520 etc etc.

I do like the Black series bonnet and 507 wheels. It does look a lot more sinister and shouty than a stock C63 on 18"s, if that's what you are looking for.

Really lovely looking car Jim. Especially like the red interior.
The 507 has the same suspension set-up as the stock car. AMG Performance Suspension [code 492] was available as a £995 option but only 3% of cars have this fitted. The majority will be on the normal C63 suspension. The C63 Performance Pack car [Not Performance Pack Plus] did have the firmer suspension as standard and many criticised the car for that very reason. Too track orientated.

Maybe the one I took for a drive was one of the 3% :):):)........ but certainly had a more harsh ride than either of my normal C63's.

Never understood why they didn't fit the 507 with the LSD.

Still a great enthusiasts car though.

Thanks guys. I have owned a standard c63 previously I paid the asking price paid cash for a used approved car which was exactly what I wanted. 9 months on we decided to move house and found a project which needed a lot of capital so the car went and I lost a lot of money having to take the best bid from a trader. I now know that won’t be the case for the next few years I don’t do much mileage but want something fun and a bit special so that’s where’s I’m coming from. Hence the question about mileage as at the end of my ownership it still shouldn’t be higher than 80k that’s if u keep it 4 years plus...

507 cars will always be more expensive than a 'standard' or PPP 204. By exactly how much in the future then no-one can say for certain.
You need to specifically want a 507 to buy one as the non-507 cars offer a lot of the enjoyment for a fair bit less money.
If you're looking at the 507 in Swindon then drop me a PM.
Thanks Phil it is that car unfortunately I can’t PM not sure why....was it your car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom