55 AMG Kompressor throttle position sensor?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paterson12

Car
CL 55 AMG Kompressor, BMW X6, 1968 Porsche 911 swb
Hello

Sorry if this has been covered before.
My CL55 Kompressor occasionally goes into limp mode under hard acceleration. My cheap obd reader said it was the throttle position sensor, I've already had the intercooler pump changed as that was causing the limp mode too.

I've heard that there are two throttle sensors on the car, is this true? If so which one will it likely be?

Does it have to be programmed to the car or is it plug and play?

Could be a couple of things. The early komoressor engine suffered with throttle body problems and a modified one was fitted to the later ones.

Would be best to get it on a star machine and get the fault codes read and while its on there the actual values etc can be checked.

Thanks for the reply. Throttle body was changed about a month ago, so pretty sure it's the TPS. Didn't know whether it had to be programmed to the car.

They should be taught in with a star machine but can be taught in by leaving the ignition on for a bit. You will hear it clicking once it starts to programme itself.

Why was it replaced before. Was it replaced with a new one or a reconditioned one.

I was referring to the throttle body being taught in. The throttle pedal should be just plug and play.

What was the actual fault that required the throttle body being replaced.

Oh okay, sorry I'm with you now. I'll just buy a throttle and plug it in, hopefully that will sort it.
To be honest I'm not sure what the actual fault was with the throttle body, I just got a lumpy idle/power delivery, and constant limp mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom