55 Kompressor pulleys needed. Anyone know any good companies?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paterson12

Car
CL 55 AMG Kompressor, BMW X6, 1968 Porsche 911 swb
The pulleys on my 55 Kompressor are knackered and in need of replacement as they're sounding awful. I heard its a common problem with these cars.
I need the idler, tensioner and twin guide pulleys.
Obviously Ebay has some parts but I'm sceptical incase they're Chinese rubbish. Eurocarparts hasn't got anything and the dealer pricing was eye watering!
I'm waiting to heard back from Eurocharged but failing that anybody know any companies that stock some pulleys??

Last edited:
Try MSL.

Out of curiosity, how much are new parts?

I have a good spare set of those all good bearings £100.00 the lot

Thank you guys I will have a look around. Mercedes (Sheffield) wanted £636+vat excluding fitting!

Just had a new tensioner fitted to mine at EC, the part is not cheap £200+ for MB part

Last edited:
Thank you guys I will have a look around. Mercedes (Sheffield) wanted £636+vat excluding fitting!

The cost is not astronomical given the cost of these cars new. The pulleys are unlikely to go quick again so you may want to consider them. Mercedes-Benz owners' club offers up to 15% discount on most Mercedes parts. Check it out if you haven't already, it's only £38 per year.

MSL can supply new Mercedes parts too and often cheaper than the main dealer, even with the MB Owner's card.

Get them from the USA either from MB for OEM or Pulley boys for after market, they are a fraction of the UK prices.

Get them from the USA either from MB for OEM or Pulley boys for after market, they are a fraction of the UK prices.

Got mine from USA, worked out a lot cheaper than getting them here.

Funny thing was, i also got them a lot quicker then trying to get them here. Im still waiting for Eurocharged UK to get me a pulley for mine, and its been about 2 months now.

V8 Supercharger said:
Got mine from USA, worked out a lot cheaper than getting them here. Funny thing was, i also got them a lot quicker then trying to get them here. Im still waiting for Eurocharged UK to get me a pulley for mine, and its been about 2 months now.

When we had the Motorsport business we used to get all parts like this from US. as you say faster and cheaper than UK suppliers

speak to Acid, he will have aluminium pulley kit in stock usually

I have the same issue. Any word on the ASP Pulley set? They have a 5-piece set but i read something about quality issues.

I have a brand new Supercharger stock pulley for sale if anyone interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom