55k Charger Tensioner Pulley Bolt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy27168

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
65 Plate E350 CDI Convertible, 2006 CLS 55 AMG, 1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
Has anyone changed their supercharger belt tensioner recently? that might have the old one still lying around?

I need the centre pulley bolt off it as I have rounded off the internal Torx splines on mine :doh:
I want to replace the bearing on the pulley.

hey Andy

I done the same thing on mine! cant you get a decent torq bit , hammer it in with a bit of heat and it will come off.

It was a PITA trying to source a new bolt and found one in the US in the end!

hey Andy

I done the same thing on mine! cant you get a decent torq bit , hammer it in with a bit of heat and it will come off.

It was a PITA trying to source a new bolt and found one in the US in the end!

Cheers for the reply Alps,
I don't anticipate to much of a problem getting the old one out, its getting a new one as they are only available with a new tensioner.
Can you remember where/who you got the bolt from in the states?
I emailed Shardul/UPD and he cant help me :dk:

i think it was shardul who i may have got it from mate.

i read there was another bolt you could get which was similar from a w203, but youd have to trawl through alot of google results.

Can you not order some high tensile bolt of the same length and diameter from ebay? The one in my CL was just a bolt with a spacer between the two pulleys, nothing special.

Found the pulley in my drawer... The bolt should be available from Mercedes. You can buy it anywhere else, it's M10 x 77mm.

29855334175_0ff3bedf08_z.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom