55k engine - breather/valve cover screws

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lenny63

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS 55 AMG | S211 E280 Cdi Sport
Hi all

I'm trying to round up all the appropriate parts for valve cover replacement ad breather reseal

I've got the special MB sealant for the breather covers , however it is recommended to replace the screws

In the guide I've found t quotes part no : A000000004436. My local MB dealership could my locate these on their system

Does anyone have the correct part numbers - more to the point are the screws an absolute must to replace ?

Thanks

Lenny

My indy didn't replace the screws when my valve covers were resealed. They are not weeping again so it appears its not totally necessary.

Hi,
When I did my M113 V8 rocker covers the small cover screws sheared of they were only made of ally. I never did replace them and they never leaked. They appeared to me just there to hold the smaller covers in place till the rocker covers are refitted and their bolts are in place.

I reused mine, no issue and I used Honda liquid sealant lol (grey colour).

I used some titanium screws I had lying around from my 1/5th rc racing days. They don't do much like has been mentioned and the torque for them is miniscule iirc.

Same here, done loads and never replaced any screws, be careful with the hoses though as they can go rock hard and split.

The new screws are longer than the old ones so they cut a slightly deeper thread in the rocker cover , the wis says to replace them anyway

Gav do you have the part no for the new screws ?

N000912005010

Legend !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom