56 plate E class w211 320cdi sport full closure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

streethawk

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320cdi sport
Not sure if I've posted this in the right section but here goes. I've recently purchased my e class and was wondering if it should have full closure? ie Windows and roof close with fob. I've tried and it doesn't but my 99 plate c230k does. Must admit I've not read manuel yet but does anyone know? Thanks.

If you stand close beside the drivers door (pointing the fob directly at the sensor) holding down the open/lock button should fully open or close windows and roof....It works on my 2004 clk cab.

Tony.

If you stand close beside the drivers door (pointing the fob directly at the sensor) holding down the open/lock button should fully open or close windows and roof....It works on my 2004 clk cab.

Tony.

Ok thanks I'll give it a go after work.

It will work but it's so unreliable on the W211... Worked wonders on the W210.

It works, but I have found it largely pointless and very rarely use the feature.

It works, but I have found it largely pointless and very rarely use the feature.

I've tried but it didn't work so iam going to look in the hand book to see if it mentions it. Strange if it doesn't as the spec this has is unreal.

I've tried but it didn't work so iam going to look in the hand book to see if it mentions it. Strange if it doesn't as the spec this has is unreal.

Another reason I thought this would have it is ( seen on YouTube) if you're out and about and lets say have roof open and a few Windows open at different levels, press and hold rest button on a/c controls and all Windows, roof close. Press and hold again and all open to exactly where they were! Cool.

Another reason I thought this would have it is ( seen on YouTube) if you're out and about and lets say have roof open and a few Windows open at different levels, press and hold rest button on a/c controls and all Windows, roof close. Press and hold again and all open to exactly where they were! Cool.

Well checked hand book and yes it should close Windows etc but also open them if you want too. Must be my fob batterys need a change maybe. Will also try my other key.

hi make sure you have the right size battery in the boot bought my 211 saturday no self closing on the windows but when i did some checking somebody had replaced the battery with a smaller power output i put the correct size battery on and presto it all works including headlamp cornering i didnt know i had

ps if you have a fault with your fob batteries it tells you on the dash as a malfunction

Your one-touch-up windows may need resetting — check if the door window switches raise the windows fully with a single "press". If not (e.g. after a battery disconnect), the key won't either.

To reset each window, close fully with the door switch, briefly release the switch then lift it again. You'll probably hear a brief motor noise: should then be reset.

Your one-touch-up windows may need resetting — check if the door window switches raise the windows fully with a single "press". If not (e.g. after a battery disconnect), the key won't either.

To reset each window, close fully with the door switch, briefly release the switch then lift it again. You'll probably hear a brief motor noise: should then be reset.

Thanks I'll give it a go.

ill try the reset today also , as mine don't seem to work neither . for quickness I keep my finger on the recirc air button and it closes all windows and roof glass .

Well I've change fob batterys and checked main battery in the boot and that's correct. Also tried reset on Windows! Still don't work. Just remembered I've not reset roof! Would that still make it not work?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom