'56 plate E280CDi Sport rear bumper query.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

milleplod

Car
S212 E350CDi
I've only had the car a week, and some ******d has damaged my rear bumper, presumably when it was parked up. I washed a week's worth of grime off this morning and spotted it. :mad:

The paint damage is minimal, with a bit of a gouge into the plastic of the bumper - I've got a mobile guy coming next week who I've used previously with excellent results. The thin chrome finishing strip has got some deep scratches in it too - the part's available on its own (OEM or aftermarket) - so I want to replace that while I'm at it. Does anyone know how it comes off? I don't suppose it matters too much if the finisher is damaged on removal as it's going in the bin, but I don't want to damage the mating ends of the corner finishers if there's a knack to doing it!

Pete

I had some lovely considerate driver do that to my old 56 reg E 320 CDI a year ago.. I had the paint done ( £40 ) but the mid section finisher was over £100 iirc so I Vito that.. it was minimal damage on that.. from what I could see they seem to unclip and hook into the bumper and are quite fragile being plastic.

Thanks for the reply. I can see some sort of tabs on the photo of the finisher on an eBay listing, but I can't quite make out just how they engage with the bumper. I'll buy one anyway and see if I can figure it out. I did search via Google but could only find info relating to earlier models.

Pete

YouTube may have a guide.
Thanks for the reply. I can see some sort of tabs on the photo of the finisher on an eBay listing, but I can't quite make out just how they engage with the bumper. I'll buy one anyway and see if I can figure it out. I did search via Google but could only find info relating to earlier models.

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom