560 SEC badge postion??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roguetrader

Car
A Van!
Hi
I've been looking at a lot of SEC's lately and have noticed there is a variantion in the position of the rear boot/ trunk badge and doesnt seem to be year specific.
Some have it much lower and closer to the chrome boot strip...

654964.jpg

2789789.jpg

3887283.jpg

The question is, is there a right and wrong position for the badge and is it a sign of possible body work such as respray or crash repair?

Be slightly wary- its not unknown for SEC owners to " UPRATE" their badges if not their engines!;)

Fitted in different positions after having paintwork done?

Brochure picture

Attachments

• Mercedes_560SEC_3.jpg
    Mercedes_560SEC_3.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 32
Yup it should be in one character width and low to the chrome boot strip as in this pic you have.

Last edited:
it's amazing how people just take them off to have the paint polished/repaired then can't remember where they were or think "it doesn't matter"

It really bothers me. I had the bootlid painted by a great bloke that mainly does MB, and you should see how high be stuck the badge back on!
My SEC had it on the right hand side, that had to go! Lol.

The epc lists the correct placement and it's the same for all years.

Ive seen them on the right hand side before :)

Its amazing how many are in the higher position maybe 50% and like i said it doesn't appear to be model or year related, it just seems difficult to believe so many bodyshop guys or owners would make a school boy error like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom