560 SEC before and after wheel change & lowered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clklover

Car
560 sec, cl500, gle250
So here is my SEC before with the AMG Penta wheels and after with Lorinser RS90, got 20mm spacers coming for the rears.
It has been lowered but I might lower a little more on the rear self levelling system. (need opinions as im never satisfied with my own cars and cant tell if im just being too critical.)
Also thinking of changing the wheel colour to light silver or diamond cut. Again I would like some opinions.

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 98
  • car5.jpg
    car5.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 90
  • car6.jpg
    car6.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 91
more...

Attachments

• car3.jpg
    car3.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 73
  • car7.jpg
    car7.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 71
Like it lowered and kept on the penta's :) but both Look lovely

Love your car, takes me back to my youth :thumb:

Personally, I prefer the look of the Lorinser RS90s and the 20mm spacers should help - whose spacers have you gone with?

Regarding lowering, the stance looks good (to my eyes) - hard to tell from pictures but I'd want to leave about 1.5 inches clearance between tyre & rim at the front and maybe 2.5 inches at the rear (ish).

Back in the day (1983), my first boss had a New 500 SEC AMG Wide Body in Black and was kind/daft enough to let me drive it - even though I'd only been road legal a few weeks, scared the s**t out of me but what an experience :D

Thanks for sharing.

Mark :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys!
Penta's seem to be winning! I'm going to get the lorinsers finished in a lighter silver and see how it looks. If I'm not satisfied I will go back to the Penta's.

The spacers are non brand custom from ebay, I've been assured they fit! Fingers crossed!

Pentas for me too...

"The" 560 SEC wheel!

Another vote for the Penta's :thumb:

Maybe the Lorinsers will look better when they're a lighter silver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom