560 SEC - Deluded Vendor?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
He has a few interestingly priced other items for sale too.

So did Albert and Harold Steptoe...

will not TAKE VERY MUCH to be fully operational again. Overall if you spent about £1000 on this car then for that price the car would be running perfectly and the body work would be fixed.

My SL is in the paint shop as I type, mine is straight as a gun barrel,some before images, I only have stone chips in the bonnet, cosmetic carparking scratches, scabby wheel arches, but no holes and no parts missing, my paintwork is north of 2k, and that's at mates trade rates, to do what the vendor suggests at the price he suggests, go to B&Q and get 5 litre of magnolia gloss and a pack of rollers:crazy:

018_zps3f977a7a.jpg

003_zpsc80a722f.jpg

d64459fe-adc5-450b-93f9-96b4f345349e_zps2384f8ca.jpg

Not so much deluded, just clueless!

Nice 'mates' you've got there, unless they're doing a full lower body respray..

"This particular 560 SEC is also extremely rare because NOBODY is selling one like this ANYWHERE!"

Yes, and that's because all the other ones currently for sale seem to be in more than reasonable nick and are actually capable of propelling themselves (quite a plus in my book). And, guess what, one of them is actually cheaper!

Dropped to 2500, still dreaming!

Now dropped to 1250 still dreaming!:D

I had a look at his other stuff. There's a good lawnmower cheap, but it doesn't actually run either. He does like exclamation marks, though!!!!!

Good luck to him, but I think he may be waiting for quite a long time for the right mug to come along...

'the wheel arches need sorting out'

What wheel arches? They're loooong gone :D

Well looked after and fully serviced by MB Tunbridge Wells, but the car doesn't run on all cylinders or turn over, has leaking pipes, needs new door hinges and a load of fuses. Not a great testimony to MB servicing if that's true?!

"This particular 560 SEC is also extremely rare because NOBODY is selling one like this ANYWHERE!"

.....thank God for that!

Not worth much more than his starting bid of £1,250 tbh

Very nice, is the lower half done in the slightly matt finish from the factory or is it all the same finish?

colour code through out, I didn't like the mat finish it had on the plastic bits before,something I just didn't like the look of,it looked unfinished, so we did it all the same 189 green/black.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom