560 SEC- Opinions- Anyone know or been to see this car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roguetrader

Car
A Van!
SUPERB 560 SEC WITH EVERY EXTRA IN IMMACULATE CONDITION | eBay

This 560 has been knocking around for months now and has been reduced quite a bit recently, before i think it was nearly 10 grand!
I still think its still overpriced at £7,500 though i'm starting to think about going to have a look.

The trader bought it from car and classic early last year where i think it was advertised for around 6k, so probably paid 5.
If you put the reg plate in to google you can still find the original advert minus the pics and price...

Note that it was advertised with original Becker mexico stereo which has now been replaced with a modern blaupunkt and with extra set of original wheels, not on the dealer ad.

Mercedes 560 SEC Coupe For Sale (1989) on Car And Classic UK [C415786]

Couple of things worry me the position of the 560 boot badge and the new number plates suggesting possible previous bodywork.
Lack of history beyond last 12 years, might have been clocked in 2002.
Also the usual red flags the great big 18" alloys, non matching wooden gear stick knob, later model steering wheel (that does look good though) and the clear indicators.

Any of you SEC experts have any thoughts I'd be glad to hear them.

He has a few negative marks in his ebay feedback, and has made several purchases from auto breakers and salvage yards. On the plus side, he does have some good feedback as well.

He has a few negative marks in his ebay feedback, and has made several purchases from auto breakers and salvage yards. On the plus side, he does have some good feedback as well.

I think nearly all car dealers have some bad feedback on ebay, I imagine its a minefield selling as well as buying cars on there...
Also not sure that a 2 year warranty is worth the paper its written on with a car that old.

I think nearly all car dealers have some bad feedback on ebay, I imagine its a minefield selling as well as buying cars on there...
Also not sure that a 2 year warranty is worth the paper its written on with a car that old.

While he has a total fb score of 293 only 14 of those are as a seller.

3 out of the 14 are negatives.

While he has a total fb score of 293 only 14 of those are as a seller.

3 out of the 14 are negatives.

Yeah that doesn't look too good, though the website of the dealer looks quite impressive.

VIP Car sales

Its one of those names that makes it almost impossible to search for anything about them using google because of the ambiguous nature of the words in the company name it brings back all sorts of unrelated results.
Clever trick that...

Used Cars Knutsford, Second Hand Cars Knutsford, Used Car Dealer Cheshire

Most of his cars look like typical auction fodder, with some classics added in.

DB9 masquerading as a 36ft static caravan too!

That aside, buy on condition - don't worry about who's selling it, just what he's selling - if it hasn't got full history, he's being hopeful. If it was advertised at 6k and a trader bought it, baring in mind its a niche car, think more like 4k.

genuine collector who owned it, they brought his white sel too, her husband was to ill to drive, VIP just brought this car cheap mot & taxed it & wacked 3G on top, recently reduced the price, if your interested asked him what it owes him & bid him, they came with mexican hat wheels too could mention that to reduce price

Makes big claims about " every extra fitted" - but makes barely any mention of what they are

Exactly what I thought. What kinds of things were extras on these anyway? Being top of the range, one would assume that most 'toys' were standard.

Exactly what I thought. What kinds of things were extras on these anyway? Being top of the range, one would assume that most 'toys' were standard.

All i could find was(i'm sure driver's airbag/rear head-restraints were standard)

Extra-cost options: Heated front seats, orthopaedic driver's seat function, orthopaedic passenger's seat function, driver's airbag, electric rear window blind, rear head-restraints, town & country horns.

SEC standard equipment & options, October 1991.

2vmual3.jpg

2nib145.jpg

Loads of ads say every extra fitted, but the way the options were, it would be a case of more of the extras or less. You wouldn't be able to have every one really. If so I'd expect the fridge, curtains in the saloon etc.

Seem to verry rare on any W126 - but even more so on SEC.Reckon less than 5% of cars and 1% or less on SEC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom