560 SEC Widebody, 500E, Hammer and SL70/73

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SussexCL

Car
Mercedes CL600
A polite ask whether anyone might be able to put me in touch with UK owners of really nice examples of one of any of these?

Brabus EV12
Mercedes 560SEC widebody by AMG
Mercedes 190e 2.5-16 Evo II
Mercedes AMG 'Hammer'
Mercedes SL70 or SL73 AMG
Mercedes 500E
Mercedes E60 AMG
Mercedes 450SEL 6.9

Keen to find the rarest original cars, in the best possible condition.

I have been flattered to be invited onto the Steering Committee of one of the leading Concours events in the UK, and asked to curate, amongst other things, a class of Youngtimers.

My aim is to assemble the best collection of Youngtimers, side by side, focussing very much on Alpina, BMW, Mercedes, AMG and Brabus, etc.

Further, if you know of any owners of any of the following, I would really appreciate hearing from you:

E31 BMW 850 CSi
E30 BMW M3 Ravaglia
E36 BMW M3 GT or GT2
E31 Alpina B12
E38 Alpina B12 6.0

Likewise if anyone knows of a better forum for Youngtimer Mercedes, such insight would also be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Tom

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Perhaps this is the wrong forum, can anyone recommend a better source?

Thanks, Tom

I recommend you try the official Mercedes-Benz Club UK. I have been to their regional and national events and seen a few examples of 500E/E500, a couple of E60s and 450SEL 6.9s on display. They have an internet forum but you must be a club member to get in. Alternatively, you can try contact details on their website. Hope this helps.

@SG1 Any good?

There are a couple of B12 owners on the Alpinaregister.com
Might be worth trying there if you haven't already.

I recommend you try the official Mercedes-Benz Club UK. I have been to their regional and national events and seen a few examples of 500E/E500, a couple of E60s and 450SEL 6.9s on display. They have an internet forum but you must be a club member to get in. Alternatively, you can try contact details on their website. Hope this helps.
Great, thank you, I will get in touch with them, see whether they can assist

There are a couple of B12 owners on the Alpinaregister.com
Might be worth trying there if you haven't already.
Much appreciated, thanks, I have been on the Register a while, as I have one in the stable.

I have found sound great B12s, but looking for the Elusive 5.7 (E31) and 6.0 (E38) and alas drawn a blank so far on those.

Thanks though, will find them in the end!

Contact Barney at Classic Heroes in Kent as he services some epic Alpina and limited edition BMWs. He also knows some major collectors of all kinds of rare exotics.

Contact Barney at Classic Heroes in Kent as he services some epic Alpina and limited edition BMWs. He also knows some major collectors of all kinds of rare exotics.
Many thanks for that, I am in touch with Barney at present, and he is proving most helpful.

So far I have confirmed:

- 190e 2.5-16 Evo II
- 300CE widebody by Brabus
- Alpina B10 V8 S Touring
- Alpina B12 E38
- Audi RS2 Avant

Shortly to confirm, hopefully this week
- 560SEC widebody
- E34 Hartge H5
- E30 M3 Ravaglia

And just on the hunt for an Audi Sport Quattro, and the elusive E31 B12. Class is shaping up nicely.

For the Quattro Sport call Max at Girado & Co. Based in Oxfordshire Max is a world class car auctioneer but now runs his own bespoke house and is a rally nut! Kim Collins at QST in Haywards Heath used to look after my RS2 and he may well know of some unusual cars and their owners.

For the unicorn BMW contact Elizabeth De La Tour, as she will certainly be able to help having spent years working for BMW Car magazine and now Performance BMW.

Thank you for your help with these, they were very helpful.

We have now closed the Concours Class for our event in June and I am very excited about the lineup we have:

Audi RS2 Avant
Audi Sport Quattro
E38 Alpina B12
E39 Alpina B10 V8 S Touring
E30 BMW M3 Roberto Ravaglia
E31 BMW 850CSi
E34 Hartge H5
Mercedes 190e 2.5-16 Evo II
Mercedes 300CE AMG by Brabus
Mercedes 560SEC widebody by Koenig

The first of its kind, I for one, am very excited about seeing them all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom