560SEC AMG / Hammer Heads 5.6L DOHC 32V

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why remove them on an engine that's done just 30k unless he's just interested in the parts. Are you tempted?

Maybe ideal for Jay`s widebody

Maybe ideal for Jay`s widebody

These require bulkhead surgery to fit, it's not a bolt on goody.

They are really only "worth" £5000 to a genuine factory AMG car to keep it genuine and original. IMO of course.

not for me... these engines are too high maintenance for me... the heads crack, the original head gaskets cost more than the average wide body and even things like the rocker cover gaskets are NLA and a pain to fabricate..

If a complete running engine came up i may entertain the idea after a thorough inspection... but not a set of heads that may well need work and a lot of guesswork to fit..

No way should anyone pay 5k, unless as Mudster says, it's the last resort to keeping your original 5.6 DOHC in it's rightful state.

I imagine the block they were mated to gave up/cracked/expired....but given the reputation these heads have for reliability, it's better to spend the money on fitting M119 heads to the m117.

Certainly worth having a 5.6/5.0 DOHC though.....my word these engines have some grunt ! These DOHCs don't feel like NA engines, they feel like supercharged ones...the power curve is perfect !

talbir

Why would someone also (presumably) break an genuine early AMG car?! :confused: :ban:

Darren

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom