560SEL Carat Duchatelet Diamond

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks like it's been taken down - was there this morning. Shame, it even had tigers on the glass partition!

Love it. It's so of its time, every time you drove it you'd feel like a baddie from Miami Vice or Beverley Hills cop or something. Don't think the TV does 4K though :D

Love that Cartier clock,wonder how many passengers have been in the boot.:eek:

Last edited:
Broken English....what do you mean ?
I speak 4 languages and trust me they are broken too.....but at least I do

^ Eh?

Do you mean the phrase?

I love that car.

I'd have to dig out my white suit to drive it though

Does spelling affect the sale of the car, i just cannot click your comment

It's not the spelling that's wrong. It says:- "Now you are only bidding photo of this car", which apart from having a few words missing to make it a sentence would mean that you were bidding on a picture of the car, not the car itself. The sentence itself is in broken English - like most languages if you miss words out, sentences can mean something very different to what is actually meant.

I think the seller actually means that you can only bid based on the photo's of the car (probably because it's in Japan or on its way here from Japan). Either that or it's a very expensive photo.

No one was having a go at anyone.

I'm tempted to say that grammar and spelling is important in some contexts, especially when a mistake in either makes a sentence mean something different, but I was actually making allowances for the fact that the guy who wrote it probably speaks a different first language.

Hope that explains it, hope the comment doesn't make me a racist. FFS sometimes I wonder about this forum!

Last edited:
Yes, it must mean that bidding is on the basis of the photos. The price appears to be £45,000 ovno. "Some hope" would be my comment.

It will be interesting to see what it bids to, i.e. what it's actually worth.

My understanding is that it's a technique of advertising using an auction i.e. nobody is supposed to bid as all they will win if they do is a photograph. I think the idea is to advertise free or virtually free rather than pay for a classified avert.

That too makes sense to me, but either way, lots of plonkers have bid already...

Viewed the ad again; it's changed; bidding is for the car. The English is certainly fractured - and full of unverifiable detail which may or may not be BS...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom