58 plate c63 gearbox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C63wannabe

Car
M3
Hi all just got a 58 plate c63 and the gearbox seems laggy in c and when you floor it it seems to try to bounce off the limiter which i dont like any way to drive it fast but not ring its neck? Apart from manual mode?

The gear change on the early c63's is slow'ish. If your coming from a m3 with similar gearbox it will make the c63 seem worse than it is. Can't see why it would get anywhere near bouncing off the limiter if in auto mode. You could try a reset. Then it should learn your way of driving.

C63wannabe said:
How do i do this?

I've done this a few times

Procedure is pasted below from mbworld

1. Turn the igniiton key to the "on" position which is just before you crank the engine to start.

2. Press the accelerator to the floor and hold for 5 seconds.

3. Then turn the key to the off position but do not remove the key, then release the accelerator.

4. Wait at least 2 minutes, the TCU is then reset.

5. TCU is now reset and you are ready to get new rear tyres.

I edited it to say TCU as the original poster of that dubbed it as ECU

It will bounce off the limiter in Sport mode, but not in Comfort mode.

S

It's brutal, love the fact the guys at AMG let the v8 rev and pull all the way up to the red line before changing. Always freaks me out though as I get nervous that it's not going to change and I'll be driving in the limiter. Noise is pretty darn good to

Is that in sport or c? Just feels like its going to hit the limiter and when i lift before it jerks

Is that in sport or c? Just feels like its going to hit the limiter and when i lift before it jerks

I've a facelift so have C, Sports and sports + and in all 3 modes it will change from what I have come across just before the red line, not that I've done it much as the car is new to me just on the few occasions I have It does lead you to think it's not and do find myself wanting to look at the counter and take my eyes off the road which I restrain from doing. The gear box is a little laggy or clunky (for want of better words) in its change but I hear just I've had the car 3 or so weeks so it's all new to me to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom