59 Plate W212 E63 For Under £48k? Bargain!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lovely cars, but must cost a fortune to run as a daily drive...

2 owners already!! OK it may have been a demo car but doesn't look good for a 2 yr old car IMO:dk:

But surely any owner wealthy enough to purchase one new or new-ish -has enough of a fortune to run one ?

You'd be surprised.

My friend bought a brand new Bentley Continental and only lasted 3 months with it because he was sick of filling up with petrol all the time. Not the cost of filling up, it was how far it wouldn't go on a tank that annoyed him.

£48k must be a pretty big saving from new list price. Give it another 8 years and when it turns a decade old it will probably up for a tenth of that too :D

Frequent trips to fuel-up must be annoying. I suppose for some wealthy people it would be part of a stable of cars though..

Last edited:
Don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure they are around £90k brand new.

You'd be surprised.

My friend bought a brand new Bentley Continental and only lasted 3 months with it because he was sick of filling up with petrol all the time. Not the cost of filling up, it was how far it wouldn't go on a tank that annoyed him.

Trouble is i don't think any other petrol engined millionaire motor is going to be much better?
What did he replace it with?
E63 -would have assumed good-ish residuals due to limited quantities avaialble - and not V12 Phaeton levels:crazy:

S65 would be back to square one methinks

Not that much, he got 22 mpg out of the S65 and 15 mpg out of the Continental. Iirc both have a 90L tank, so it does add up.

Edit: 20 Gallon tank x 7mpg is another 140 mile out of a tank...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that much, he got 22 mpg out of the S65 and 15 mpg out of the Continental. Iirc both have a 90L tank, so it does add up.

Edit: 20 Gallon tank x 7mpg is another 140 mile out of a tank...

I guess what he saves in time on refuelling he loses out on the extra depreciation of the S65 - but then again if he can afford a S65 , monster depreciation is just a side issue

Do people still fit dual fuel tanks (as opposed to dual-fuel tanks) to extend the range of large, thirsty cars? Used to be all the rage in the Sixties.

...if only I had the £40K

From the same garage in the OP

How about a 59 plate CLS 63 for £34K?

Used Mercedes-benz Cls Saloon Cls63 4dr Tip Auto | Quickars Ltd.

It's only done 15 K miles too.

My word that's awful depretiation.

What's that? 60% in 2 years and 15K miles?

That's a lot of motor for the money.

When they start getting to the sub £30K level they become realistic second car/play things.

See now look what you've done I'm going to be online looking for C63 and E63 estates as a "toy"! Sheesh.

Yes Red, unbelievable.

Especially when you consider it's still got 15 months of MB warranty on it.

The cheapest CLS 63 on MB site is a 2008/08 for £5K more with another 23K miles on it

2 owners already!! OK it may have been a demo car but doesn't look good for a 2 yr old car IMO:dk:

precisely what i thought!

still serious cash though! ...ouch lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom