59 Plate W212 E63 For Under £48k? Bargain!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
2 owners already!! OK it may have been a demo car but doesn't look good for a 2 yr old car IMO:dk:

But surely any owner wealthy enough to purchase one new or new-ish -has enough of a fortune to run one ?

You'd be surprised.

My friend bought a brand new Bentley Continental and only lasted 3 months with it because he was sick of filling up with petrol all the time. Not the cost of filling up, it was how far it wouldn't go on a tank that annoyed him.

£48k must be a pretty big saving from new list price. Give it another 8 years and when it turns a decade old it will probably up for a tenth of that too :D

Frequent trips to fuel-up must be annoying. I suppose for some wealthy people it would be part of a stable of cars though..

Last edited:
Don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure they are around £90k brand new.

You'd be surprised.

My friend bought a brand new Bentley Continental and only lasted 3 months with it because he was sick of filling up with petrol all the time. Not the cost of filling up, it was how far it wouldn't go on a tank that annoyed him.

Trouble is i don't think any other petrol engined millionaire motor is going to be much better?
What did he replace it with?
E63 -would have assumed good-ish residuals due to limited quantities avaialble - and not V12 Phaeton levels:crazy:

He replaced it with an S65

S65 would be back to square one methinks

Not that much, he got 22 mpg out of the S65 and 15 mpg out of the Continental. Iirc both have a 90L tank, so it does add up.

Edit: 20 Gallon tank x 7mpg is another 140 mile out of a tank...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that much, he got 22 mpg out of the S65 and 15 mpg out of the Continental. Iirc both have a 90L tank, so it does add up.

Edit: 20 Gallon tank x 7mpg is another 140 mile out of a tank...

I guess what he saves in time on refuelling he loses out on the extra depreciation of the S65 - but then again if he can afford a S65 , monster depreciation is just a side issue

Do people still fit dual fuel tanks (as opposed to dual-fuel tanks) to extend the range of large, thirsty cars? Used to be all the rage in the Sixties.

...if only I had the £40K

From the same garage in the OP

How about a 59 plate CLS 63 for £34K?

Used Mercedes-benz Cls Saloon Cls63 4dr Tip Auto | Quickars Ltd.

It's only done 15 K miles too.

My word that's awful depretiation.

What's that? 60% in 2 years and 15K miles?

That's a lot of motor for the money.

When they start getting to the sub £30K level they become realistic second car/play things.

See now look what you've done I'm going to be online looking for C63 and E63 estates as a "toy"! Sheesh.

Yes Red, unbelievable.

Especially when you consider it's still got 15 months of MB warranty on it.

The cheapest CLS 63 on MB site is a 2008/08 for £5K more with another 23K miles on it

2 owners already!! OK it may have been a demo car but doesn't look good for a 2 yr old car IMO:dk:

precisely what i thought!

still serious cash though! ...ouch lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom