5exy leadwork.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know there’s a few tradesmen on the forum so from one to another.

Not a great fan of inset dormers. I did this yesterday and a bit of today in St Albans.
I try very hard not to look back and think "I wish............" - I've been been successful in what I chose to do. But now and again I look at something like this and do indeed think "I wish I'd learnt how to do things like this!" So admire tradesmen. Bravo

I try very hard not to look back and think "I wish............" - I've been been successful in what I chose to do. But now and again I look at something like this and do indeed think "I wish I'd learnt how to do things like this!" So admire tradesmen. Bravo
Thanks.
I’ll be honest by saying that when I was younger it was ‘just a job’. Wasn’t until I got a bit older and mixed in different circles I realised what a useful thing having a trade is.

65F2860E-FE74-4F98-B1BC-ECC35BE8775D.jpg
I did this front apron a couple of months ago.

I ran out of acetylene so had to boss it so what you see is one piece of lead with no cuts or welds. It took about an hour but if I cut and welded it I can do it in 15 mins. When you do them on a price……..

Last edited:
I don’t mind inset dormers as long as they’re in proportion like that one.

I’ve seen some on new builds and extensions that look ridiculous in taking too much of a chunk out of the roof. There’s one on a house in Gretna thats so deep they fill it with outdoor Christmas items. 2/3 Reindeer and Santa IIRC.

Do you still get a daily pint of milk allowance for working with lead?

I’m guessing as a lead guy you hate the thought of fibreglass work?

this is the plan for current project. (Fibreglass)

8D53F151-6813-4C21-985E-5D6A58379B73.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom