5th Gear article - DVLA providing names and addresses?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Im for that it is sure a breach of the dpa. Otherwise what is the point of such an act????

It will save journos a packet - they used to have pay a bent copper £50 - £150 for this info!

If you are the sort that clones a car to avoid the Congestion charge, you can at least be certain to quote the right name and address in the event of being stopped by the police (having done a little research compliments of the DVLA) Just be sure to "forget" to take any ID out with you.

still no use if you are stopped in a car your VIN is available to them to inspect and the car and your identity will be found :)

It will save journos a packet - they used to have pay a bent copper £50 - £150 for this info!
Actually the DVLA have been providing this service for years. It's just that not many people knew about it. All you have to say is that a car keeps parking on your private land and you want to take civil action.

janner said:
Actually the DVLA have been providing this service for years. It's just that not many people knew about it. All you have to say is that a car keeps parking on your private land and you want to take civil action.

My fellow Devonian is quite correct. Reasonable cause will cover a whole multitude of areas. Hit and run, car parking on private land, driver might have witnessed an incident, road rage??? Might be a grey area. Why would you want it??? DVLA might be assistting someone to commit a crime. "I want to punch the other driver on the nose, can you give me his name and address please?? :rolleyes:

Regards,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom