6.0 AMG motor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Or alternatively I could buy an SL600 for the extra and avoid the overall hassle of fitting it? :dk:

Totally different engine, V12 whereas this is the AMG-fettled V8.

Last edited:
The V12 M120 engine has more power @394 bhp and more than 500ftlbs of torque :)

The V12 AMG has 525 hp :p

The V12 M120 engine has more power @394 bhp and more than 500ftlbs of torque
where is the sourced from, and i though the sl60 was well known to be over 400 bhp.
Im getting my dyno'd next week, but as my s600 was dyno'd last week at 513bhp k&N and sports cats i guess took it higher. the sl60 i have certainly feels ovr 400bhp not 370 bhp.
The main difference with the s600 is power is immediate and speed immediate any speed any gear, where as the sl60 you have to rev the nuts off it.
What is the sl600 r120 accerleration like as ive never driven one. Should of really before i went for sl60, yours edz was a really nice looking one.
sorry but question mark dont work on this laptop, spilt coffee.

Last edited:
The V12 M120 engine has more power @394 bhp
Of course many people believed that the V8 in the SL60 put out rather more than its 'official' 381 bhp (a lower figure being quoted to protect sales of the SL600).

The SL60 did 0-62 in 5.8 seconds (6.1 for the SL600), which would suggest there was some truth in this. I don't think the extra weight of the V12 was that significant in a car that was already around 2 tonnes.

The main difference with the s600 is power is immediate and speed immediate any speed any gear, where as the sl60 you have to rev the nuts off it.
With both engines having the same displacement I'm not sure why that would be? :dk:

Seems people feel the need to read more into my post than is actually there. :rolleyes:

Surprise f*cking surprise.

Last edited:
I had mine dyno'd just after I bought it with a slight miss that turned out to be a replacement coil pack. Olly sorted this one for me so thanks Olly.

Dyno report showed 376bhp at the flywheel. I will get it redone when I get the chance as I have had a fair amount of work done over the last year so maybe it is in better shape now. Also hadn't been used too much before I bought it but I give it regular use now.

Not sure if this will work but here is a link to my Dyno report:
http://www.sl60amg.com/wp-content/gallery/SL60%20AMG/Dyno%20Report%2004-06-10.jpg

Seems people feel the need to read more into my post than is actually there. :rolleyes:

Surprise f*cking surprise.

Lighten up man, if I had a pound for everytime one of my threads went slightly off topic I'd be very happy indeed! ;)

Lighten up man, if I had a pound for everytime one of my threads went slightly off topic I'd be very happy indeed! ;)

Yesterday was a bad day, hence the grouchy demeanour awaiting the V8 vs V12 pontification which thankfully never arrived.

Spent last night working in the garage, feel much better today :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom