6.2 N/A + charger vs 4ltr biturbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jih2000

Car
C63 - Tuned
Hi

Still trying to make up my mind what I want to do with the engine. So far performance wise I changed my 2013 c63 for :

- eurocharged v5 tune
- quaife lsd
- filters (set of k&n and green)
- larger tyres.

All round good power and grip, going to import the weistec trans cooler next and fit. Ignoring exhaust mods due to noise and daily car. However went for a run against a 2017 m4 and was not pulling, just about level. Got me thinking and could not see any videos online, how does an older stage 1 2012-2014 weistec build pull vs a newer 4ltr turbo c63 (stock / modified) perform 0-60+. Spend 10+ grand on charger or just save for newer model as performance will be far greater and tune using stock components and ecu tweak? Anyone done any runs? Would a stage1 weistec be useless in winter in comfort mode eg lower gears just causing too much wheel spin meaning I need a second car which I don't want? Mines fine in wet/cold at present.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi

Still trying to make up my mind what I want to do with the engine. So far performance wise I changed my 2013 c63 for :

- eurocharged v5 tune
- quaife lsd
- filters (set of k&n and green)
- larger tyres.

All round good power and grip, going to import the weistec trans cooler next and fit. Ignoring exhaust mods due to noise and daily car. However went for a run against a 2017 m4 and was not pulling, just about level. Got me thinking and could not see any videos online, how does an older stage 1 2012-2014 weistec build pull vs a newer 4ltr turbo c63 (stock / modified) perform 0-60+. Spend 10+ grand on charger or just save for newer model as performance will be far greater and tune using stock components and ecu tweak? Anyone done any runs? Would a stage1 weistec be useless in winter in comfort mode eg lower gears just causing too much wheel spin meaning I need a second car which I don't want? Mines fine in wet/cold at present.

Thanks
If it were me I would put the money into the newer model, you will see more back and gains in performance with an ECU tweak.

Not C63 but my SL500 has the 4.7l twin turbo and an ECU tune for £500 gives it an extra 80 bhp and superior performance to the standard SL63 AMG!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Stage 1 will see you at 615bhp and would leave a M4 for dead.
Mine was initially stage 1 and with the stock exhaust so you got to hear the supercharger whine.
It would be much the same as stock in winter, when your just cruising around you can't tell the difference between stock and charged.

Is comfort the same pre/post charger or is there generally more torque? Lee you had any runs against the w205 models?

Anyone on here have a stage 1 weistec down south and could demo? Will pay petrol :)

C/S/S+/M all make the same power, it just feels faster as the gearbox keeps the revs higher. (Nerd Note: C = Controlled Efficiency)

6.2 n/a + charger

Something exclusive + built not bought (kind of)

Ill stick with "comfort mode", cars far from efficient ;)

Yeah guessing not that many in uk, want to sit in one to see how they perform...

Stage 1 will see you at 615bhp and would leave a M4 for dead.
Mine was initially stage 1 and with the stock exhaust so you got to hear the supercharger whine.
It would be much the same as stock in winter, when your just cruising around you can't tell the difference between stock and charged.
would a C63 really leave an M4 for dead? It's not all about engine power, what about traction, cornering and braking ability.

would a C63 really leave an M4 for dead? It's not all about engine power, what about traction, cornering and braking ability.

Yeah. That difference of 165BHP > 195BHP (depending on which M4) will mean it destroys it - regardless of cornering and braking ability. Traction is a potential issue but many factors are at work there.

Assuming the drivers of both cars can drive at speed and there is nothing adverse, I would expect the C63 running at that power to be storming.

Yeah. That difference of 165BHP > 195BHP (depending on which M4) will mean it destroys it - regardless of cornering and braking ability. Traction is a potential issue but many factors are at work there.

Assuming the drivers of both cars can drive at speed and there is nothing adverse, I would expect the C63 running at that power to be storming.
What about against an Audi RS4 or RS5?

Yeah guessing not that many in uk, want to sit in one to see how they perform...

Where are you based down south?
I know of someone in Southampton with a Stage 2 Weistec Charger.

The Audi's are a bit of a lardy pig to be honest (same could be said for the Merc), V8 RS5 especially and also new V6 RS4/RS5 which is still over 1720kg for the RS4, although the RS5 is better at 1650kg. I wouldn't expect a W204 PP C63 or 507, rolling start, to worry too much, I'd expect to at least match them. Same again for the W205 C63S.

If you're into fast Audi's, I'd have to say that the RS6 is probably where it's at. The M4 surprises because it's simply the lightest by some margin. What the C63 really needs is a diet, to be king, or a wacking great supercharger.

The Audi's are a bit of a lardy pig to be honest (same could be said for the Merc), V8 RS5 especially and also new V6 RS4/RS5 which is still over 1720kg for the RS4, although the RS5 is better at 1650kg. I wouldn't expect a W204 PP C63 or 507, rolling start, to worry too much, I'd expect to at least match them. Same again for the W205 C63S.

If you're into fast Audi's, I'd have to say that the RS6 is probably where it's at. The M4 surprises because it's simply the lightest by some margin. What the C63 really needs is a diet, to be king, or a wacking great supercharger.
The RS6 is more in the E63 category hence why i was comparing a C63 with the RS4/5. The RS's may be a bit heavy but 3.7 seconds to 62mph and 12.1 seconds on the 1/4 mile is no slouch.

Where are you based down south?
I know of someone in Southampton with a Stage 2 Weistec Charger.

Reading way so distance is fine but more interested in seeing a stage 1 as noise/drivability is what I care about, I'd probably end up wanting to go stage 2...

Reading way so distance is fine but more interested in seeing a stage 1 as noise/drivability is what I care about, I'd probably end up wanting to go stage 2...

Stage 1 and 2 in terms of Weistec use a 2.3L supercharger. Noise aside it should give you a good feel, albeit the headers on Stage 2 add something like 70hp.

ESS only offers one charger I think, and that is 3.0L. They will sell you a tune that takes into account your other mods, or lack there of.

Stage 1 and 2 in terms of Weistec use a 2.3L supercharger. Noise aside it should give you a good feel, albeit the headers on Stage 2 add something like 70hp.

ESS only offers one charger I think, and that is 3.0L. They will sell you a tune that takes into account your other mods, or lack there of.

Anyone running ess chargers, not really heard much on here about them?

Still a walk in the park.

The current crop of Audis have been on a diet but nothing significant - in fact it's only just brought them in under the C63!

Let's compare the current (2.9 V6 TT) and slightly older RS4 (4.2 V8 FSI) with the OP's C63 running a genuine 615BHP.

C63
1730KG / 615BHP = 355BHP per ton

RS4 (Current)
1715KG / 450BHP = 262BHP per ton

RS4 (Just before current)
1795KG / 450BHP = 250BHP per ton

No amount of cornering ability / handling will help when the C63 is miles ahead in the distance!

If all cars are standard, it's a different story as the power is much closer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom