6.2 N/A + charger vs 4ltr biturbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Still a walk in the park.

The current crop of Audis have been on a diet but nothing significant - in fact it's only just brought them in under the C63!

Let's compare the current (2.9 V6 TT) and slightly older RS4 (4.2 V8 FSI) with the OP's C63 running a genuine 615BHP.

C63
1730KG / 615BHP = 355BHP per ton

RS4 (Current)
1715KG / 450BHP = 262BHP per ton

RS4 (Just before current)
1795KG / 450BHP = 250BHP per ton

No amount of cornering ability / handling will help when the C63 is miles ahead in the distance!

If all cars are standard, it's a different story as the power is much closer.
Whats the C63 1/4 mile time?

I wish you would stop talking about superchargers and headers.

You're putting unnecessary thoughts in my head :rolleyes:

Whats the C63 1/4 mile time?

I've no idea on the standard one.

Obviously the OP's quarter will be different although that is subject to how easy it is to get the power down.

Don't know if these C63s have traction control of any sort but a RWD car without it running c600BHP is hard work getting the power down on with standard wheels and tyres!

I've no idea on the standard one.

Obviously the OP's quarter will be different although that is subject to how easy it is to get the power down.

Don't know if these C63s have traction control of any sort but a RWD car without it running c600BHP is hard work getting the power down on with standard wheels and tyres!
So what makes you say that a tuned C63 will easily be faster than an RS4/5 if you don't have any actual figures to compare? What i'm getting at is that horsepower isnt the be all and end all where performance is concerned.

So what makes you say that a tuned C63 will easily be faster than an RS4/5 if you don't have any actual figures to compare?

If it is running 615BHP, then it is not too far off my previous E55K which was running an estimated 600BHP but had 115kg more weight and I remember know how easily my car destroyed cars like an Audi R8 V10 and a Ferrari California.

What i'm getting at is that horsepower isnt the be all and end all where performance is concerned.

I'm talking power to weight but no it isn't. However, if your car is powerful enough to get far enough ahead, everything else is irrelevant on "similar" types of cars which are talking about here.

Even then, with both cars in the hands of equivalent drivers, the C63 won't be massively out-handled by an M4 or RS4.

Not stage 1 yet :) just considering my options. Shame MSL or PCS / one of the other tuners don't want to do an ESS install as an example as assume not many uk cars running this setup :)

Not stage 1 yet :) just considering my options. Shame MSL or PCS / one of the other tuners don't want to do an ESS install as an example as assume not many uk cars running this setup :)
If that’s the route you want to go, then I would ask them whether they’d take on the install. They both work with multiple brands so they answer may be a “yes”,

Pop the inlet manifold off, bolt the charger instead. There’s not much to it. Any mechanically inclined technician will be able to fit it for you in a few hours.

So what makes you say that a tuned C63 will easily be faster than an RS4/5 if you don't have any actual figures to compare? What i'm getting at is that horsepower isnt the be all and end all where performance is concerned.

It depends what you use to measure the performance:

BHP allows for a stronger top end which is crucial in standing mile events where you can stress the engine for prolonged periods of time, over all gears and entire rev range, thus in my opinion testing the “performance” side of things.

Quarter mile don’t have that luxury due to short distance. So it’s all in hard launches and hookup which is why the tyre and axle setup dominates the performance aspect of it.

Circuit racing requires skill from the driver unlike point and shoot standing/quarter mile types. BHP is not nearly as crucial generally due to lack of long straights. Weight saving and simplicity of naturally aspirated power are more important, which is why AMG and RS drivers are far and between at track days unlike your typical stripped Renault/Peugeot enthusiasts.

Dyno is a mapping tool not a gauge for performance so it’s out too.

So for heavy road going cars like the AMG or RS there’s not a lot of options other than going fast in a long straight line, a comparison data of several years’ worth for which is available online for anyone to see.

John has forgotten that he has all the data but he’s 90 now (an age he celebrated by buying a 500 CL) so he will excuse me for butting in and quoting it here:

Results | VMAX200

The above has all the “actual figures to compare” across all makes and models and over several years. A tuned C63 has been in the top 5 more than once. A much heavier CLS63 is up top too. I don’t see no RSwhatever in there.

Interesting VMAX results but they are top speed, are there any figures for 0-62 and standing 1/4 mile? I couldn't see them anywhere.

Absolutely brilliant day at the track today. Almost perfect conditions at Santa Pod today! New personal best, and I think I might be 2nd fastest 55 car in UK now.

1) 10.7 @ 134mph ACID MSL C63 Stage 3,
2) 11.01 @ 130mph CraigWeistecC63, Santapod & 194mph 1.3 Standing Mile @ Terminal Velocity
3) 11.1 @ ??? e55k Msl
4) 11.44 @ 122.85mph, 60ft 1.69s SMed08 E55K (Headers/cooling/84mm pulley)
5) 11.55 @ 121mph 1.8s 60ft Shakey60 GADtuning bespoke map
6) 11.90 @ 117mph richardN20 Mercedes cl55k
7) 12.00 @ 127mph Acej AMG GTS
8) 12.1 @ 113MPH , K18LLR 1.88sec 60FT time, Santapod
9) 12.20 @ 118.7mph Peter DLM Santa Pod E63
10) 12.80 @ 113mph JohnEBoy Mercedes E55K (Headers/CATs/Pulley/Remap)
11) 12.82 @ 107mph Bish Mercedes C32 (65mm Pulley and generic Map)
12) 12.9 @ 114mph Jamiet1986 w211 e55k
13) 12.97 @ 123mph andy27168 Mercedes cls55
14) 13.10 @ 106mph Grovsie31 Mercedes c55
15) 13.40 @ 105mph c36fan Mercedes w210 e55
16) 13.59 @ 101 mph ORS Merc c32 Std North weald
17) 14.46 @ 100mph KeithJG Mercedes S203 C320 cdi V6 Sport Remap (via app)
18) 14.71 @ 93mph Herishi Merc es211 280cdi cooler / custom map
19) 15.20 @ 93mph merc85 Mercedes s211 e320 cdi (Larger cooler,MapExhaust)
20) 15.20 @ 88mph dieselc220 Mercedes w211 e320 cdi Larger cooler,k&n,Map,Exhaust,Secondary decat

This is from another thread

Interesting VMAX results but they are top speed, are there any figures for 0-62 and standing 1/4 mile? I couldn't see them anywhere.
Yes there are loads of figures for 1/4mile, 0-60, 0-100 etc, but you have to remember that not everyone was just interested in all the measurements. For me I wanted to hit 200mph and that was it. I launched gently most of the time to ensure I was hooked up. So when you review the results of the 61 cars I am near the bottom on 0-60, 1/4 mile but managed to fly by nearly every car to have the 6th top speed.

If I am honest I lost my bottle on the first 4 runs at around 190mph as I didn’t think I’d have enough braking distance to stop the car lol! It was only on the next 4 runs that I kept my foot planted. It’s scary stuff.

I think what is meant by a 615bhp walking away from an M4 is probably based on a rolling start.

Thanks Alex. :p

Better 90 and wafting than serving time for her Maj. :eek:

If I am honest I lost my bottle on the first 4 runs at around 190mph as I didn’t think I’d have enough braking distance to stop the car lol! It was only on the next 4 runs that I kept my foot planted. It’s scary stuff.

I think what is meant by a 615bhp walking away from an M4 is probably based on a rolling start.

I remember how interesting it got at 180mph and how fast those cones reach you before you know how hard you have to hit the anchor pedal!

To be honest, when you get to this level of power, my terminology is probably not helpful.

In reality, the difference is not that much compared to how I am reporting it!

Take the following clip of my modded E and a standard 507 (I think he said) C63 courtesy of Gav (merc85).

"I whooped his ass" is what I will come out with but if you listen to the figures at the end, you can hear how close they were (and how dreadful my start was trying to get off the line!):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

PCS will do it... its the tune thats the problem. The map is essential after you have the charger fitted.

PCS will do it... its the tune thats the problem. The map is essential after you have the charger fitted.

Send them the ECU, they’ll flash it and send back. Hardly a problem.

Send them the ECU, they’ll flash it and send back. Hardly a problem.

I spoke to Jerry about this. If you have the My Genius, he can send a Eurocharged tune for it as he has done a few out in the USA already.

I'd be surprised if MSL couldn't fit it and provide their own dyno-tune.

With F10 M5s now so cheap, I would just go with one of them.

Already underrated and at 600bhp, easily tuned and you get an engine / drivetrain already built for forced induction. You won't loose a fortune on mods either.

Or ff you enjoy modding and want something relatively unique, go for the blower!

I spoke to Jerry about this. If you have the My Genius, he can send a Eurocharged tune for it as he has done a few out in the USA already.

I'd be surprised if MSL couldn't fit it and provide their own dyno-tune.

Interesting :) I have the my genious programmer with my v5 tune. Currently sat in cupboard gathering dust. Looked like ess is a Norwegian company but all their kit was in $ so assume have to pay the import duties from states :(

I forgot to update that thread, I've got an 11.1s @ 125mph now. :)

Whoa!!! That's awesome, I've resigned myself to not doing any 1/4 mile runs until I can get some fat wheels and tyres. Which won't be until next year now as,
1: I've broke my leg
2: Saving for a bucket list/50th birthday holiday in California in October.

The competitive side of me is chomping at the bit though!! ( A 10 something run must be in your sights now? )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom