6.3l ????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGGTS

Car
AMG GT Or C63S???
Ok so the C63 is actually 6.2L but why does it say on the side 6.3L???

AMGaddict said:

History of the old 6.3 litre

Straight from Wikipedia

"Although this engine displaces 6.208*liters, the engine is marketed as the "6.3" to commemorate the famed*Mercedes-Benz M100 engine, Mercedes' first production V8 which initially displaced 6.3L.

The first AMG car[1]was based on the*Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3, and used an enlarged 6.8L*Mercedes-Benz M100 engine."

Even more odd when MB refer to it as 6.3 litre from time to time too.

It is annoying, you should have just increased the capacity to cover the gap!

But still they should put 6.2L on the side?

I don't think it actually says 6.3L(itre) though does it, thought it just stated 6.2 AMG? This, as others have mentioned is the way that most manufacturers are going now, BMW included, in that the designated model number no longer corresponds to the actual engine size..

A few years ago I had a W211 E55, which was a 5.5L engine so logical. I then went away from the brand for a while, coming back with a W212 E63, though this is now badged (or was before I took them off) as an E63 purely for marketing purposes, though relates to the brand's heritage as well.

The latest C Class AMG will have a 4.0L engine but, as the top of the range C Class, will still be known as a C63.

Sooooo.... Mercedes-Benz have a 6.2L engine in a car called "63" to commemorate an older car also called "63" and which had a 6.8L engine.... great :D

Wait till they bring the 3.0 litre twin turbos out and badge them as 55s. :D

Disclaimer: This is not happening as far as I know. :)

I don't think it actually says 6.3L(itre) though does it, thought it just stated 6.2 AMG? This, as others have mentioned is the way that most manufacturers are going now, BMW included, in that the designated model number no longer corresponds to the actual engine size..

A few years ago I had a W211 E55, which was a 5.5L engine so logical. I then went away from the brand for a while, coming back with a W212 E63, though this is now badged (or was before I took them off) as an E63 purely for marketing purposes, though relates to the brand's heritage as well.

The latest C Class AMG will have a 4.0L engine but, as the top of the range C Class, will still be known as a C63.

W211 E55 is a 5.4litre :thumb:

so I'm even more confused

Why?

Makes perfect sense.

Look at the M271 C-Class antics.

The petrol C200 was 2L until 2002 when it became 1.8L.

The 1.8L version was available as C180, C200, and C230.

That is, until 2010 when the C180 was available as either 1.6L or 1.8L... while the 1.8L lived on C250 until 2014.

All clear now? :D

Definitely clearer, and definitely back to bed dreaming of numbers.....

So the A45AMG is actually 4.5Lts then?:devil:

Come to think of it......AMG seems to be every car now....so are they AMG's or not?

I think they need a refresh the names again. make life nice for us again.

So how do the 65 AMG work then as they are 6.0 V12 Biturbos :D

Eventually I just said yes when people aked me if it was a 6.3L.

It was just easier that way.

So long as it says 'V8 Kompressor' (or better) on the side, you can't go wrong....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom