#6 Glow Plug on E320 CDi Engine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave K

Car
E320 CDi (W210)
How the hell do you change glow plug 6 (rearmost plug) on the 320 CDi engine? There is a fuel pipe that runs directly over it :eek: I guess I have to remove this pipe but I cannot see how. Help please :confused:

TIA

One general tip is to get the engine as hot as you can before you work on it as this will help the removal of the plugs (if one's gone, general wisdom is to replace all 6).

Trust me, you do not want to have one or more break while you're trying to get it out. Very, very expensive......... :(

Well last time one went, I did the first 5 but couldn't get access to #6 due to the aforementioned pipe being in the way. Number 4 was a sod to get out and I thought I'd ruined the thread in the head. Luckily, it cleaned up OK with a thread cutter but I had to spend ages trying to make sure no swarf had got into the bore (vacuum cleaner, straw, and a bit of luck).

to get to it remove the metal fuel pipe 14 mil spanner
you will have to remove the low pressure pipe aswell push the little with clip all the way you should feel it clip useing a small screw driver work the pipe off
now it should be out of the way to replace the last glow plug rebuild up in reverse order

not a bad job to do
if you need any more help pm me thanks

Lovely jubbly. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom