6 months ban doing 43 in a 30mph zone!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Easy to avoid getting the points and the ban, i.e. don't do 43 in a 30 zone

Might as well give up driving. Go on the buses.
Never let the truth stop some folks from complaining:

The court heard that Robinson, who did not attend the hearing, had three previous speeding convictions, in September 2005, March 2006 and June 2007. Magistrates fined her £100 and ordered her to pay £50 court costs.

I personally think the fine is laughable, but I suppose it might be argued that at least she pleaded guilty.

Dragon,
What punishment would you deem suitable for someone that continually gets caught breaking the speed limit?

Dragon,
What punishment would you deem suitable for someone that continually gets caught breaking the speed limit?

Dunno, but Anne Robinson...bus-pass.... fits pretty well really..;)

Could understand if it was a 33 in a 30, but 43 is just plain naughty...

Never let the truth stop some folks from complaining:

The court heard that Robinson, who did not attend the hearing, had three previous speeding convictions, in September 2005, March 2006 and June 2007. Magistrates fined her £100 and ordered her to pay £50 court costs.

I personally think the fine is laughable, but I suppose it might be argued that at least she pleaded guilty.

Dragon,

Nothing, unless someone get knocked down and get injured or killed.

This is just wasting court time and stacking revenue.

But surely we need to stop them speeding BEFORE someone gets killed, not after. It's a bit late then.

She inhaled too much carbon monoxide on the ferry and knocked off her brain and got intoxicated. She should had told the court.

I can't belive her legal representative used the excuse that "She had not seen the speed camera" as mitigation.... That's not an excuse!

I don't have a great deal of sympathy- 43 in a 30 is well over...

I can't belive her legal representative used the excuse that "She had not seen the speed camera" as mitigation.... That's not an excuse!

I don't have a great deal of sympathy- 43 in a 30 is well over...

Shame it wasn't a Coppa at the scene then eh. Could've had her for lack of Due Care as well...or driving with defective vision...:D

Nothing, unless someone get knocked down and get injured or killed.

This is just wasting court time and stacking revenue.

I think it fair to say your the weakest link:devil: :devil: :)

Shame it wasn't a Coppa at the scene then eh. Could've had her for lack of Due Care as well...or driving with defective vision...:D

Nah, I've never been "Traffic oriented". I imagine the encounter would probably include the following elements...

1. Talking to her throughout as if she is a "Special" 7 year old. In a condescending tone.

2. At 1 or more point, possibly the end, calling her the "Weakest link".

3. Demanding either a signed photo, or bear hug :devil:

4. Mobile telephone footage to prove it happened

:D ;)

A car doing 43mph will have a stopping distance roughly twice that of a car doing 30mph. Doing 43mph would drastically hinder her ability to avoid an accident and increase potential injuries to other road users and pedestrians. Her track record shows she is no respecter of speed limits, so the additional points resulting in a ban was the only way to protect the public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom