600 000 mile w211 220cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So between march 2013 and January 2015 it so how lost 430,000 miles???

If this has had a private plate on it at some part of its life, it'll mess up the mot checker

They aren't as accurate as everyone thinks

If this has had a private plate on it at some part of its life, it'll mess up the mot checker

They aren't as accurate as everyone thinks

Agreed, a thread about this last week said the same.

I have a private plate, and the details online are completely wrong.
Previous car (as current does not old enough to need an MOT yet), wrong mileage, age etc.

Agreed, a thread about this last week said the same.

I have a private plate, and the details online are completely wrong.
Previous car (as current does not old enough to need an MOT yet), wrong mileage, age etc.

How does that work?

Does the mileage 'reset' once a private plate is applied?

How does that affect the previous recorded mileage on the original plate?

I don't believe it's down to either a dysnumerate MoT tester or computer record, or a plate change. For two consecutive years it did 120, then 110, thousand miles.

The seats - all of them - have been jolly well sat in, more so in the back than the front left, so it has evidently been a taxi (almost certainly for the two high mileage years at least - over 2000 miles a week!) or corporate staff transport barge. I'd guess at an airport taxi.

They've ditched the overmats and the service history, I suspect; most dealers would mention the history if there was one. I wonder how much if any of the paint is original...

Even so, it's a tribute to Mercedes quality that it still looks so (relatively) good, or indeed that it's still running at all.

Last edited:
I don't believe it's down to either a dysnumerate MoT tester or computer record, or a plate change. For two consecutive years it did 120, then 110, thousand miles.

The seats - all of them - have been jolly well sat in, more so in the back than the front left, so it has evidently been a taxi (almost certainly for the two high mileage years at least - over 2000 miles a week!) or corporate staff transport barge. I'd guess at an airport taxi.

They've ditched the overmats and the service history, I suspect; most dealers would mention the history if there was one. I wonder how much if any of the paint is original...

Even so, it's a tribute to Mercedes quality that it still looks so (relatively) good, or indeed that it's still running at all.

Precisely, +1 on all points, and in the three years before its first MOT, it clocked up 320k miles; a consistent pattern of use. The seat sag is the giveaway.

I drew attention to this ad as I was fairly impressed with how it seems to have held up.

Why on earth can't there be a very simple programmatic loop in the MOT website database that rings an alarm bell whenever a car's mileage apparently decreases from one MOT to the next? Plod can then knock on the owner's door and start asking a few awkward questions.

Accurate or not, if I saw the "moon and back" mileage like that on the car I was checking out, which was only purporting to have 126k miles, I would be moving on anyway.

I guess not everyone knows about the MOT checker online.

It's also useful to put in AV08DFZ and AV08 DFZ and AV 08DFZ and AV 08 DFZ in text in case anyone searches for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom