600 or 800 Amp jump leads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I stand corrected then , its what i was always told :(

Hi,it says in my handbook (CL600) "ON NO ACCOUNT TURN ON THE HEADLIGHTS" this may not apply to your vehicle, but thought it worthy of mention.

Guessing you have xenons though , it's probably to do with the ballasts ( they step up from 12v to 25k v ) , that would cause a hell of a spike !

I stand corrected then , its what i was always told :(

Guessing you have xenons though , it's probably to do with the ballasts ( they step up from 12v to 25k v ) , that would cause a hell of a spike !

Hi Howard,Thank you, I wondered what the reason was, other cars I have had said turn on consumables. This comes of being old,(ish)a lot of what you learned earlier on in life has now been changed.When electronic ignition first came out you had special jumpleads with some sort of 'gizzmo' on both leads,I can only presume this was to prevent the spikes you mention. Have not seen any for years.

Hi Howard,Thank you, I wondered what the reason was, other cars I have had said turn on consumables. This comes of being old,(ish)a lot of what you learned earlier on in life has now been changed.When electronic ignition first came out you had special jumpleads with some sort of 'gizzmo' on both leads,I can only presume this was to prevent the spikes you mention. Have not seen any for years.

Jump leads with surge protection 400A 3M #SWBC17: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Thanks for that, goes to show that one of my three 'grey cells' is still working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom