63 AMG no Crank and gearbox problems.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cl 600

Car
07 S320LCDI, 06 ML320,02 CL600 gone replaced by 07 CL 63 AMG.R230 SL500.
my CL63 refuses to start first time. I have to take the key out and lock it and unlock it several times until it eventulally cranks and then it starts and runs no problem.
Also sometimes the car gets stuck in a gear, it could be any gear, and it happens particularly if I accellerate quickly. If I stop the car, turn it off and start it again it is ok!

do you think these two issues are related? is this a common problem with a simple fix or should I brace myself for a big bill?

Thanks for all your help.

Its an AMG so most of the bills are BIG. ;)

Do you have the 7 speed gearbox?

yes. i think its the 722.9 gearbox. it has been absolutely seamless up to now. much better/smoother than the one in my S320Lcdi.

It is very likely to be the valve body at fault. They are around £1k for the parts.

The starting fault is probably unrelated. This is more likely to be a key or ignition switch issue. Try using the spare and see what hapens.

It needs to go on a Star firstly.

thanks for the replies Black C55.
Same issue with both Keys I'm afraid.
And the gearbox got stuck in 3rd today as I floored it on a sliproad to join the traffic on a motorway. I had to put the "flashers" on and pullover, remove the key, start it again and then rejoin the trafic. I must have looked like a right twit to the other drivers :(

I'll brace myself for a big bill so.

I have had a intermittent non start problem on a w204 and it turned out to be the front Sam unit. The car unlocked ok and the key turned fine but the starter didn't turn, not even a click. If the key was removed and re tried the car would start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom