63 Motorsports M156 Camshaft adjuster plate repair kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i torqued then to about 25nm, there was rumour of it being 18 but after seeing tachos video i went with his spec along with a dab of loctite on each bolt so they can't come loose and let them sit overnight before refitting so they have time to dry properly.

if you haven't done timing etc before i would leave it to a professional a if you get it wrong it could be costly. I also had to reset my adaptions using an Autel diag machine.

you need the camshaft holding tool kit which can be purchased on eBay, amazon etc

camshaft adjust plate and pin kit (all in mine was £610 inc import fee)

cam cover gasket kit

cam solenoid gaskets

optional - o rings for spark plug holes in cam covers, oil and filter, degreaser to clean oil spillage as you will spill oil

Great to see other DIY people out there.

I also just finished doing all 4 of my adjusters and did the smaller bolts to 18nm per 63motorsports suggestion with blue thread locker and got 4x new main bolts from Mercedes’ for adjusters.
Did them to 45nm and then 90* with blue thread locker.

You guys that used thread locker, did you also clean out the threads inside the cams & cam adjusters for where the male end of bolts will go into?
I didn’t think much of it and just cleaned the male end bolts then used thread locker but now I’m thinking if I should have completely cleaned out the female ends of where the bolts run into…

Also how will I know if I need to do a reset/cam relearn procedure? I started my car up first time and had no sounds or engine lights. Engine was buttery smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom