639 bodywork

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

t567wab

Car
Vito 122 Sport X
I happily drive Vito 111cdi 2004.Just wondered what's the difference between,let's say my one,and 2007 model regards bodywork.My body's begin to rust :dk: Does it get better with younger models?

They were all meant to be galvanised from some time around 2004, yet I still see the odd rusty one newer than that..

All of them?I've heard they're galvanised after 2006.

I'm not sure when they started galvanising the 639, I thought it was 2005 (based on build date of course ... not when it was registered). You can tell by the existence (or not) of the 12 year bodywork warranty.

But 2004 ones definitely weren't - a friend has a 54 plate that's in quite a bad way (nearly as bad as a contemporary E Class :D).

I'm led to believe that they started the galvanised process around the 54/05 plate.

But, yes, if you go for a 2007 the chances are it shouldn't rust. Go for a metallic painted van to better your odds.

I'm going to keep mine for a while,just bought it last year.
But the next one will be 2007+ and met. just to play safe.
Thanks guys.
P.S.Bill,is that original MB flooring in your "beast" ? :)
I like it a lot.

P.S.Bill,is that original MB flooring in your "beast" ? :)
I like it a lot.
Thanks!

Yes, the grey flooring comes with the Dualiner 'comfort pack' (along with the full-length roof lining, side lining, rear speakers, rear courtesy lights, etc.). Plus M-B rubber mats front & back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom