655 bhp E55 Kompressor on Ebay.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good points are all work and recent services carried out by MSL so no need to worry if it was done right.

£14k though? I would say a tad overpriced for a 2003 vehicle although I am sure the AMG guys will come along and correct me

Not only over priced but I would consider the figures optimistic with what's been done to it.

It's not the best specced E55 either.

ETA There's a lot nicer one HERE

Last edited:
Been for sale lots of times and different power figures quoted each time.
As above, there's not a chance in hell of having that kind of power with just a S/C pulley and meagre mods done.
Just hope someone doesn't fall for it

^ I've also seen this particular car for sale on a number of occasions. Not very well specced and certainly overpriced.
I think its a crank pulley Matt, not S/C pulley although is it possible it's had a Weistec conversion?
from the advert said:
Uprated supercharger

Uprated supercharger water cooling pump

Uprated heat exchanger

Eurocharge pulley kit 182mm as opposed to 158mm from factory

Custom exhaust setup with uprated headers

Custom remap developing 655.2 BHP and 720 LB/FT torque with dyno prints

Acid can maybe shed some light on to the claims made for 655BHP?

Not a Weistec blower Roger.

There's an engine picture showing the original in place.

Stage 3 Eurocharged is only 638bhp so would be very interesting to hear what's been done in the real world and not a Dream world ;)

Not a Weistec blower Roger.

There's an engine picture showing the original in place.

I didn't look at the engine pic Dave:doh:

Like to know how you uprate a standard Eaton s/c then, apart from smaller pulley?

I'd be very interested to see the actual dyno data prints...

Acid and the guys will know the car for sure...from memory Acid's old W211 E55 wagon was around about 700bhp but he had practically rebuilt the engine...the next powerful I know of is Paul Sav (Eurocharged), I think he was around 620/30 bhp...

Seeing as its Black I think its well worth the money....:thumb::D

'Custom remap developing 655.2 BHP and 720 LB/FT torque with dyno prints'

Last edited:
And here is the car again in another thread. I noted it as I was interested at one point.

Acid commented in the thread on page two confirming it had a crank pulley.

Not sure if this will work.

He's an old ad for the same car.

Note it says custom 700bhp remap

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221318571235

So the owner at the time was asking £11895 in Nov 2013 and now its gone up over £2k and its 14 months older an an extra 2k miles on the clock:confused:

I know E55's are increasing in value a little, but not that much!

Either its a custom 700bhp map or a 655 one. From what ChrisA has said, I suspect neither.

Its a shame really as its probably a really nice example and if the history is true its been looked after well.

However the doubts around the performance claims kick in and start putting people off. If not that Im sure the price will as its ambitous to say the least.

car was originally for sale down near Southall with 700BHP quoted; car went to a dealer from whom I bought my car and I remember discussing this particular vehicle with him in around July 2013; there was couple of faults on air suspension and original owner couldn't afford to get it sorted. I am sure the guy only paid around £9000 but had to get some bits sorted as stated. considering the certain mis-advertising that occurred with my car and looking at one of the original adverts for the car; seems almost like a carbon copy of what mine was advertised at....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom