66 Plate E Class Nav and Updates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yep 100% in the wing mirror and door card will need to come off but I can't justify £180ish for labour for what appears to be a common fault.

Hoping I can just do get done on the weekend.
Yes does appear to be a common fault, did read somewhere that the replacement gps are better then the ones they are replacing.

Got the replacement and looks super simple to fit. Just a small antenna with a cable about 50cm that goes into the door card.

Looks like this.
s-l400.jpg

£32.52 inc vat

Took 15mins to repair, didn't even need the replacement part. Simply unclipped the old connector and reconnected it.

Checked compass and 22 satellite detected.

Took for a quick drive and seemed to be fine.

Got my maps on usb yesterday 👍

Installation started!

Attachments

• 20210623_141359.jpg
    20210623_141359.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 12
Got my maps on usb yesterday 👍

Installation started!
Finally done took over 90mins! But now finally on latest maps.

Got a few other things I want to work out.

Will probably start new thread.

Attachments

• 20210623_155810.jpg
    20210623_155810.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 6
Car going in on Friday, GPS antenna is only £22 odd plus vat but no confirmation of labour cost.

They said its a quick replacement and they will do it whilst I wait.

Also said they will sort maps out and give me the pin but will see what they do on Friday as not sure the person on the phone fully understood what I was asking for.
Most of them do not understand their own cars, they do not understand their own warranties either. my local one is a shambles

Fault with gps crept back again. Will probably replace the antenna this time.

@Bally12345 how easy was it to fit? Could you tell me what you did, I have same issue with my car, antenna seems to be dead, thinks car is in America

Hardest part is removing the door card. Other than that it was just a case of unplugging the connector and reconnecting.

I didnt end up replacing it. Still working fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom