66k 190E with leather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eddie_E

Car
94' E200
It's 1989 and started at a grand but it looks good to me. What do you think? looking at the rest of the 190's on there its at the top of the pirce range already but with only 66,000 miles and with the cream leather it looks good.
190e

The thing that killed it for me was the lack of history and service book....why are they missing?...maybe just my suspicious mind.

Looks like a nice car based on the advert but looks can be deceiving. I'd be a bit wary about that mileage with no history.

Also, that ain't leather.....

it doesn't make any sense at all ... careful previous owner, but apparently not with documentation !!!

Sp!ke said:
Also, that ain't leather.....

What is it then?

I emailed the guy to ask the usual Q's, why you selling, any accident history, anything you might want to tell me etc. And he completely open about being a dealer. It does have bits and pieces of history but just not a FSH. looks ok to me and a merc made back then when they were made properly should be like new with that milage so it shouldn't be too hard to see if the milage is about right of not by it's condition.

I assume its MB TEX which is MBs "fake" leather

I suspect that Spike thinks its MB-tex and that was my first thought but I think it may well be leather - aside from the door panels the seat pattern/boxing is different on the tex seats and those look like the layout of leather ones.

I'm happy to be corrected on that by any 190E owners/experts though :)

Yes, it's a Merc from when they used to make them properly but 60k/100k/150k will be hard to notice if it's been looked after well.

For a one owner car it's entirely reasonable to have such a low mileage - wife's/second car which has been used for school/shopping runs - 66k works out at about 80 miles a week since new so that would support that.

Check it over and if you are happy then it could prove to be a great buy. It's all too easy to be paranoid and over suspicious on eBay, there are some genuinely honest sellers around which more than make up for the number of crooks

Good luck if you decide to bid

Andy

andy_k said:
I suspect that Spike thinks its MB-tex and that was my first thought but I think it may well be leather - aside from the door panels the seat pattern/boxing is different on the tex seats and those look like the layout of leather ones.

The seat pattern is immeterial. Later models like this used this design for MBtex as well as leather. The same could be said for the earlier seat pattern.

The door panels are the giveaway (no ruffles), plus the fact that the interior appears virtually unmarked with little wear or fading. MB-tex is far more hardwearing than leather, which would have faded a little by now after 14 years, which this interior shows little sign of.

andy_k said:
For a one owner car it's entirely reasonable to have such a low mileage - wife's/second car which has been used for school/shopping runs - 66k works out at about 80 miles a week since new so that would support that.
Some of the hardest miles a car will ever do then! :rolleyes:

I've never seen a factory 190 with 'ruffles' on the door cards, leather or MB-Tex. I have a leather interior to fit in mine and it has the plain looking door cards.

Bazza

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom